- Room Accents & Accessories
- Vessels & Vases
- 1991 Boho Chic Large Artisan Turned Bloodwood P...
1991 Boho Chic Large Artisan Turned Bloodwood Palm Beehive Vase by John Penrod (Signed)
Gorgeous hand-turned oversized vase by listed Florida “found wood” artist John Penrod circa 1991. This singular work was lovingly crafted ...
moreGorgeous hand-turned oversized vase by listed Florida “found wood” artist John Penrod circa 1991. This singular work was lovingly crafted from Bloodwood/Palm and titled “Tropical Glory”. It is signed/numbered on the base.
Originally purchased at a Nashville gallery show in 1991. (See original display info in photos above). Vase has been carefully maintained and is in fantastic condition. Photos really can’t do this one-of-kind piece justice. It is absolutely stunning.
About The Artist:
John Penrod was first introduced to the wood lathe in his father’s workshop in Pennsylvania when he was in Jr. High School. He spent many hours turning, especially in the winter when it was too cold to be outside all day. He returned to woodturning full-time in 1997 following his retirement from the field of audiology. From 1997 until 2010 John was a full-time woodturner and participated in many of the most prestigious juried arts and craft shows including Winter Park, Coconut Grove, The St. Louis Arts Fair and American Craft Council shows in Chicago, St. Paul, Sarasota, Baltimore and Atlanta.
He has been the recipient of many awards including the Award of Excellence at American Craft Council shows in both Sarasota and Atlanta, He is considered a Master Level Craftsman. Locally, he was the first place winner of Creative Tallahassee in 2010, and his pieces have appeared at numerous area galleries and shows. His work has also been featured several times on the cover of Woodturning Design Magazine, and he has been a frequent contributor of articles on woodturning to that publication.
"With the exception of accessories such as finials, rims and handles, all of my turnings are created from recovered or found wood. The majority are turned from trees that grow in Florida. Predominantly, I use Norfolk Island Pine, West Indies Rosewood and Grapefruit wood."~ John Penrod less
- 10.5ʺW × 10.5ʺD × 10.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Flawless original condition. Flawless original condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Redūcere in Murfreesboro, TN
Lover/Collector of unique and beautiful things.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Black Vases
- Blue and White Vases
- Boho Chic Vases
- Boxwood Vases
- Brown Vases
- Bud Vases
- Burlwood Vases
- Cinnamon Vases
- Contemporary Vases
- Copper Vases
- Cylinder Vases
- Decorative Vases
- Floor Vases
- Flower Vases
- Glass Cylinder Vases
- Greek Vases
- Hurricane Vases
- Large Glass Vases
- Mercury Glass Vases
- Mid-Century Modern Vases
- Nashville Vases
- Onyx Vases
- Rosewood Vases
- Sandalwood Vases
- Square Glass Vases
- Square Vases
- Tall Floor Vases
- Tall Glass Vases
- Tall Vases
- Trumpet Vases
- Wall Vases
- Wood Vases
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.