Michael Ome Untiedt "View of Canyon and Plains" Painting
Michael Ome Untiedt (B.1952) "View of Canyon and Plains" Oil on canvas, 7 x 5 (12 1/2 x ...
moreMichael Ome Untiedt (B.1952) "View of Canyon and Plains" Oil on canvas, 7 x 5 (12 1/2 x 10 1/2 in gilt frame), 1998. Initial signature lower right, signed and dated on reverse.
A native of Denver, Colorado, Michael Untiedt is a painter of western landscape, whose subjects often feature the prairie scenes he has loved since spending time as a youth with his farmer grandfather on the eastern plains of Colorado.
Untiedt studied at the University of Denver but wearied of the art department's obsession with Abstract Expressionism. In the mid 1970s, he left school, bought an old truck, and traveled the country, teaching himself to draw and paint along the way. Eventually he returned to school and earned a degree in industrial arts and became a middle-school shop teacher.
In 1987, when the Art Students League of Denver formed, he became one of the first students and studied with and became an assistant to watercolorist Buffalo Kaplinski. Untiedt credits him as a major influence in his choices of color and reliance upon good drawing. Several years later, he made the transition to oil painting, and felt confident enough to describe himself as a professional painter.
He works from a studio in a 100 year old house near downtown Denver, living with his wife, Donna, and their two children. He travels extensively in the West and Midwest and paints landscapes, often en plein air, that reflect the mysticism of nature. less
- 11ʺW × 1ʺD × 13ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Oil Paint
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent conditon Excellent conditon less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Gary Germer & Associates in Portland, OR
With over 30 years in the trade, Gary Germer & Associates is Portland's leading specialist ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 3D Paintings
- Abstract Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Canvas Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Country Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Elephant Paintings
- Expressionism Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Gold Paintings
- Gray Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- House Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Oil Paint Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portland, OR Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Rustic Paintings
- Skull Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Textile Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.