19th Century Louis XV Style Chinoiserie Decorated Bureau Plat Antique Writing Desk
Such a fine and interesting writing desk, this is one of those very rare finds that remains in exquisite original ...
moreSuch a fine and interesting writing desk, this is one of those very rare finds that remains in exquisite original condition throughout. The desk retains its historical surface with all original chinoiserie decoration across the ebony painted body; each scene is complex and unique, depicting vivid garden scenes with stunning Oriental architecture while figures stroll down paths, boat through small lakes or otherwise enjoy the scene while birds fly overhead. The craftsmanship is impeccable with tight pegged tenon-mortise joinery throughout, each drawer beautifully dovetailed with a curved facade that conforms to the body of the desk. Original cast and chiseled gilt bronze pulls and escutcheons of very fine detail are designed in the Rococo taste and match the original acanthus sabots that terminate each foot. The top retains the original morrocan leather gilt-tooled top with a nice mellowed color from age and use, this softening of tone visible when compared against the writing slide neatly tucked away above the central drawer.
This is one of those rare finds that only comes available on the market very infrequently - with a rich surface of impeccable decoration and exceptional materials throughout, this is a very fine acquisition for the collector of unusual and interesting design elements. less
- 72.25ʺW × 29.63ʺD × 31ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Southern Europe
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Missing two brass knobs for writing slide. Original surface w/ minimal touchups; age appropriate wear. Original leather w/ minor stains ... moreMissing two brass knobs for writing slide. Original surface w/ minimal touchups; age appropriate wear. Original leather w/ minor stains/wear. Small chip loss on right side of case (where apron meets leg). No key. Repair to one ankle. less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.