Bespoke Nude Leather Safari Lounge Chair
This product is no longer available.
** This chair is made to order, and will require 3-4 weeks before shipping **
A unique leather chair; these safari chairs ... more** This chair is made to order, and will require 3-4 weeks before shipping **
A unique leather chair; these safari chairs (or lounge chair) are a comfortable accent chair and look great whether you are sitting next to the fireplace or campfire. Recline comfortably in this leather chair while sipping a scotch outside or browsing the internet.
The portable and lightweight Roorkhee (or Campaign) chair was commonly used by British military officers until WWII. The original Roorkhee chairs were created at the end of the 19th century after the Boer War to increase British mobility in the field. Since then it has been a popular chair for adventurers and campers.
Roorkhee chairs are a triumph of materials and engineering. They weigh about 12 pounds and can be quickly broken down for transport. When disassembled they take up a surprisingly small amount of space, approximately 8" x 8" x 24".
These chairs are incredibly comfortable to sit in and I greatly prefer them to Adirondack chairs. Due to the fact that the wood pieces are not glued to one another, the legs and stretchers move with the terrain. This means that the chair sits flat and securely on any terrain and you will sit comfortably without "rocking" on uneven ground.
The back is hinged in the middle so that it can recline while still providing the perfect amount of back support.
Traditionally, the chairs were made from whatever wood was available (usually mahogany or teak) and heavy canvas. For my chairs I upgraded the canvas to much more durable and better looking leather. I can make them out of any wood you desire.
The above chair is made from Cherry Wood and Natural Veg Tan Leather. The hardware is all aged bronze metal.
The overall dimensions are approximately 22" x 22" x 30". The seat of the chair is 12" from the floor and is perfect for lounging in.
The design for this chair was based on the Roorkee chair found in the book "Campaign Furniture" written by Christopher Schwarz.
Whether you want to camp with style and comfort or add a handsome looking chair to your living room, the Roorkee is the chair for you! less
- 22ʺW × 22ʺD × 30ʺH
- Cherry Wood
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Jesse in Overland Park, KS
Most of my clients are in the trade and I love when clients ask me ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 6Ask the Seller / View All
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Brass Lounge Chairs
- Brown Lounge Chairs
- Cherry Wood Lounge Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Leather Lounge Chairs
- Metal Lounge Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Primitive Lounge Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Safari Lounge Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tan Lounge Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- Wood Lounge Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.