Jens Risom was a Danish-born American designer. He was one of the first designers to introduce Scandinavian design to America. So if you love minimalism and functionality in your space, you have Jens Risom (among others) to thank for it. Jens Risom’s father, Sven Risom, was a big name in the Nordic Classicism movement. In 1941, a couple of years after he moved to New York City, Jens Risom and Hans Knoll started a furniture company that produced stools, armchairs and lounges with distinctive cedar and surplus webbing. Today, a Jens Risom chair is a classic that many design lovers (count us in!) covet. World War II took Risom away from New York City. The Danish-born designer returned to make furniture but decided to part ways with Hans Knoll and start his own firm. The rest is glorious furniture history! A Jens Risom chair or a Jens Risom desk is a beautiful piece of Mid-Century Modern furniture that tips its hat to both functionality and minimalism. Grab a couple of vintage Jens Risom lounge chairs for the living room or the office. Look for Risom lounge chairs options in eye-popping upholstery that will liven up any room, as well as muted alternatives for those who love a sombre color palette. Complement the chairs with a Jens Risom desk or credenza to create a beautiful Mid-Century Modern living room or home office. We guarantee all your visitors will be impressed. And as the ads of yore said, rightly so, the answer is Risom.
Questions & Answers
- What types of Jens Risom products do you have?
- We have a variety of Jens Risom products in stock, including Furniture, Seating, and Accent Chairs.
- How many vintage Jens Risom items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 290+ vintage Jens Risom items in stock.
- What are the shipping options for Jens Risom items?
- Jens Risom items can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Does Chairish have Jens Risom items on sale?
- Yes! We have 60+ Jens Risom items on sale.