With hallmarks like beech frames, boar bristle-stuffed cushions, and kilim upholstery, George Smith furniture is in a league all its own. Founded in the early 19th Century England by craftsman-to-the royals, George Smith, the brand got its start via commissions for the local aristocrats. From the get-go, George Smith furniture was no joke. In fact, his designs gained so much notoriety that he published a pattern book similar to Thomas Chippendale's known as A Collection of Designs for Household Furniture and Interior Decoration. Today, A Collection of Designs still serves as a blueprint for George Smith furniture, which is still being handcrafted in workshops located in Northern England. Original construction hallmarks are still in play as well, including hand-joined frames, English Roll Arm silhouettes and those aforementioned boar bristle-stuffed cushions (not to mention, George Smith Chesterfields are still treated to the crème-de-la-crème fill: horse hair). While leather George Smith sofas and chairs are among the most common George Smith furniture, the brand is known for being one of the handful of makers to outfit their furniture in kilims. Each kilim is hand-picked from the Middle East and selected to outfit a furniture design that will maximize its beauty. Of course, George Smith chairs and sofas can also be customized on a one-on-one basis, with custom fabrics, trims, skirts, and fringes. For George Smith, their small batch, specialized methods add up to some very famous clientele. Among them? England’s legendary SoHo House Group, Tommy Hilfiger, and the one and only Sophia Coppola.
Questions & Answers
- What types of George Smith products do you have?
- We have a variety of George Smith products in stock, including Seating, Furniture, and Sofas.
- Does Chairish have George Smith items on sale?
- Yes! We have 10+ George Smith items on sale.
- Can I get free shipping on George Smith items from Chairish?
- Yes! Select George Smith items ship for free from Chairish.
- How many vintage George Smith items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 60+ vintage George Smith items in stock.