From bamboo tole lamps to brass and glass hurricane lanterns, there’s something uniquely compelling about British Colonial lighting. Having originated in the British West Indies, British Colonial lighting is a hybrid between traditional English style and designs and materials native to the Southern Pacific region. British Colonial-style lamps evoke a traditionalist spirit but also possess global allure, making them ideal for infusing interiors with historical charm. Shop our collection of British Colonial floor lamps, chandeliers, and more to embellish traditional English, Regency, and even safari-inspired rooms. We work directly with top-tier vintage and antiques dealers located all over the U.S.—and now Europe!—to bring you a best-in-class assortment of British Colonial lighting.
Light Up Your Interiors with British Colonial Chandeliers and More
On the hunt for a British Colonial floor lamp to accent a cane-seat lounge chair or campaign chest? You’ll find no shortage of options here at Chairish. In addition to authentic antiques, you can discover British Colonial-style floor lamps from a modern maker like Maitland-Smith. Shop Maitland-Smith tole palm tree floor lamps, as well as floor lamps outfitted in materials native to the South Pacific such as horn and mother-of-pearl. You can also browse wood barley twist lamps—a popular British Colonial style—as well as obelisk-shaped lamps. Looking to land a colonial lantern to accent a British Colonial dining table in a dining room? We carry candle-burning and gas-powered lanterns that could be placed atop a dining table as a centerpiece as well as wired reproduction lanterns that can be used over a buffet or credenza. Those who are searching for British Colonial tables lamps can browse a variety of turned spindle lamps topped with shades crafted from tactile materials like reed, rattan, and bamboo. Wired hurricane lamps can also usher in the romanticism of the era, and are widely available from a variety of sellers.
Questions & Answers
- What are some popular british colonial lighting brands?
- We have british colonial lighting items from popular brands such as Port 68, Frederick Cooper, and Capodimonte.
- Do you carry gold british colonial lighting items?
- We have british colonial lighting items in popular colors including gold, brass, and brown.
- Do you carry metal british colonial lighting items?
- Metal, brass, and ceramic are our most popular british colonial lighting material types.
- How many vintage british colonial lighting items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 70+ vintage british colonial lighting items in stock.
- Does Chairish have british colonial lighting items on sale?
- Yes! We have 30+ british colonial lighting items on sale.
- 1930s Light Fixtures
- Hans Wegner Lighting
- SIN Lighting
- J. Robert Scott Lighting
- Czechoslovakia Lighting
- Paul Laszlo Lighting
- Wavy Glass Lighting
- Lamperti Associates Lighting
- Iittala Lighting
- Roche Bobois Lighting
- Belmag Lighting
- Eugenio Escudero Lighting
- Neon Green Lighting
- Ironstone Lighting
- Hugue Lighting
- Gerrit Rietveld Lighting
- Quartz Lighting
- Fendi Lighting
- Gaetano Missaglia Lighting
- Laminate Lighting
- Matte Gold Finish Lighting
- Verdigris Copper Finish Lighting
- Axel Salto Lighting
- Diamond Lighting
- Cotton Velvet Lighting