CHARMED BY VINTAGE FARMHOUSE DINING TABLES? WELCOME TO THE CLUB!
When it comes to dining tables with timeless appeal, few designs top vintage farmhouse dining tables. Whether it’s a statement trestle table made of solid wood that can seat twelve, or an industrial crank iron table that’s perfectly proportioned for a breakfast nook, few things add character to a home quite like a vintage farmhouse kitchen table. Designers in particular love farmhouse dining room tables for their versatility. Depending on how you style them, farmhouse dining room tables can feel eminently elegant or coolly casual. Pair one with Windsor chairs for a classic modern farmhouse look, or couple with colorful barrel-back aluminum chairs to bring an eclectic mood to a dining space.
Among the most popular styles of farmhouse dining room tables are large-scale models crafted of reclaimed or salvaged wood. Ideal for less formal kitchen dining areas, these tables typically showcase raw wood or matte, painted finishes. Look for painted tables with distressed finishes if your style is decidedly casual, eclectic, or even a bit rakish. For those who are aiming for something a bit more polished, look for tables with more even finishes such as raw pinewood or cedarwood. Favor a mixed media look? Expand your hunt to include tables that include a mash-up of wood and iron, or wood and stone. Metal cross braces, often featuring sinuous scrollwork, are commonly found features among French and Italian style farmhouse tables.
Another large consideration to take into account when shopping for a farmhouse kitchen table? Legs. Farmhouse dining room tables typically fall into two categories: those with trestle-style bases and those with standard legs. Trestle base tables are usually best suited for large dining rooms, as trestle bases can add visual weight. That said, farmhouse dining room tables with standard legs often showcase bulky turned spindle or barrister legs as well. If you prefer a more slimmed-down silhouette, consider a French provincial farm table for your kitchen dining area. These tables tend to be a bit smaller scale and often come outfitted with dainty cabriole legs as well as a straight-edge or scalloped apron.
Questions & Answers
- Can I get free shipping on farmhouse dining tables from Chairish?
- Yes! Select farmhouse dining tables ship for free from Chairish.
- Which brand has the largest assortment of farmhouse dining tables at Chairish?
- Ken Petersen is our most popular farmhouse dining table brand, with 10+ items in stock.
- Does Chairish have farmhouse dining tables on sale?
- Yes! We have 80+ farmhouse dining tables on sale.
- What are some popular farmhouse dining table styles?
- Popular farmhouse dining table styles are Farmhouse, Rustic, and French.
- New & Custom Farmhouse Dining Tables
- Crate and Barrel Dining Tables
- Pietro Costantini Dining Tables
- Raymond Sobota Dining Tables
- Jeffrey Bigelow Dining Tables
- Calvin Dining Tables
- Cork Dining Tables
- Restoration Hardware Reclaimed Wood Dining Tables
- Pottery Barn Dining Tables
- Solid Wood Dining Tables
- Statton Furniture Dining Tables
- Carl Malmsten Dining Tables
- Altavista Lane Dining Tables
- Philippe Starck Dining Tables
- Poul Hundevad Dining Tables
- Jules Leleu Dining Tables
- Tommi Parzinger Dining Tables
- Axel Einar Hjorth Dining Tables
- Jonathan Charles Dining Tables
- Lime Dining Tables
- Martin Visser Dining Tables
- Azucena Dining Tables
- 40" Round Dining Tables
- Round Wood Dining Tables
- Rectangle Dining Tables