On the hunt for a regal seat? Few things compare to the palatial vibes given off by a Victorian chair. Whether it’s a Renaissance revival corner chair, a wicker peacock chair, or a Victorian wingback chair, there’s nothing like a Victorian accent chair to enliven a room. If you’re on the hunt for a Victorian-style chair, don’t hesitate to check out our collection here at Chairish. We source our Victorian chair styles from hundreds of vintage and antique dealers located all over the U.S. and Europe. Each one has been hand-vetted by our in-house curation team, using an extensive list of style and quality standards. Discover everything from Victorian wicker chairs and needlepoint armchairs, to more speciality items like Victorian “Gossip” chairs and Eastlake parlor chairs.
Shop Affordable, Gently-Loved Antique Victorian Chairs
For Victorian purists, consider going with a traditional-style seat like an Eastlake chair. Eastlake chairs are generally square and up-right and feature an elaborate wood frame with high, geometric carved reliefs. Their backs and seats are typically upholstered and often showcase elaborate needlework. Since the Victorian era was characterized in part by a Gothic and Rococo revival, Victorian chairs tend to skew more ornamental than previous eras. French victorian chairs often have a throne-like aura, complete with tufted upholstery on the back and seats.
Discover Authentic Peacock Chairs and More
If you’re not sold on such a regal perch, consider one of the era’s other most iconic models: the peacock chair. Inspired by photos of similar chairs that originated in the Far East, the peacock chair is a high-backed Victorian chair that features a towering radial back and tapering barrel-style seat. It’s also traditionally made of rattan, lending it unmatched bohemian allure. Use a pair of peacock chairs as head dining chairs at a table to set a playful yet elegant tone, or drop one into an empty bedroom corner to make an eye-catching statement.
Questions & Answers
- How many vintage victorian accent chairs does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 770+ vintage victorian accent chairs in stock.
- Do you carry wood victorian accent chairs?
- Wood, upholstery, and walnut are our most popular victorian accent chair material types.
- Which brand has the largest assortment of victorian accent chairs at Chairish?
- Heywood-Wakefield is our most popular victorian accent chair brand, with 10+ items in stock.
- What are the shipping options for victorian accent chairs?
- Victorian accent chairs can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Achille Castiglioni Accent Chairs
- Hanging Egg Chairs
- Sergio Mazza Accent Chairs
- Embossed Leather Accent Chairs
- Stainless Steel Accent Chairs
- Chairs With Cushion Seats
- Gijs Bakker Accent Chairs
- Clay Accent Chairs
- Velour Accent Chairs
- Cal-Style Accent Chairs
- Sateen Accent Chairs
- Cube Chairs
- Kwok Hoi Chan Accent Chairs
- Belform Accent Chairs
- Far Pavilions Accent Chairs
- Performance Fabric Accent Chairs
- Alfonso Marina Accent Chairs
- Top-Grain Leather Accent Chairs
- Christopher Guy Accent Chairs
- Odette Accent Chairs
- John Mascheroni Accent Chairs
- Lee Jofa Accent Chairs
- Giancarlo Piretti At Anonima Castelli Accent Chairs
- Viking Chairs
- Tweed Accent Chairs