Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- A pink mural designed by Marie-Anne Oudejans and hand-painted by artist Vikas Soni in the dining room, tiger armchairs from Seville serving as nightstands, antique English china adorning the wall by her bed—Filipa de Abreu’s Lisbon apartment is a magnificent display of her travels. We could look at the pictures of her fabulous apartment ALL DAY! (Elle Decor)
- The gorgeous Escondido Oaxaca Hotel in the coastal city of Oaxaca is major vacation goals. The lush landscaping and pleasing minimalism have us dreaming of long walks, naps and scrumptious food. As if we needed more reasons to make a break for sunny Mexico. (Design Milk)
- Ace furniture designer Jonathan Adler and legendary window dresser Simon Doonan’s Greenwich village home feels whimsical, tongue-in-cheek and undeniably elegant. The Cut spoke to the couple about their design choices and a singular theme subtly emerges: an unabashed sense of playfulness. Cue the applause.
- Joanne Duong Bartels and Luke Bartels deem the renovation of their San Francisco beachside cottage “a family affair.” They remodeled and decorated the house with help from neighbors and old friends and it looks absolutely delicious! The brilliant wallpaper of the kitchen has us swooning. (Domino)
- ‘Tis the Season and no one celebrates it quite like stylist and editor Lauren Smith Ford. Garlands, Christmas wreaths, a beautiful tree— her Austin brownstone is just the right amount of Christmas class and has us shopping for an invite. (Camille Styles)
- If you thought there was nothing glam working mom Chrissy Teigen couldn’t do, you’re right. On her blog Cravings, she just dropped the ultimate holiday cookie in form of the: Chex Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie. Just the perfect thing to bring to a uber cool party, these goodies are sure to please kiddos and adults alike. Have yourself a merry little Christmas, indeed!
- Eggnog and Christmas are a match made in holiday heaven. For those looking for a bit of variety, Bon Appétit has three options to class up this year’s bash: old-fashioned, classic, and cool-kid (hint: there’s Mezcal!). Pick a favorite or make all three to ensure that none of your guests will be saying no to the Nog.
ICYMI from Chairish: