Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- Stylist Madeline Weeks has transformed her Manhattan apartment from a spare, lofty space lacking light and closets into homey Mid-Century digs with coastal California vibes. With plenty of photography, flea market finds, and natural palette, this is the ultimate zen escape perched within the city that never sleeps. (AD)
- All right, who else is starting their first diet of the year? Whether you’re back at the gym or participating in Dry January, this very green lentil stew will help you towards a year of health and wellness. Happy 2019! (The First Mess)
- Kathryn Bentley is the designer of jewelry line, Dream Collective, and the owner of a jewel of a home in Echo Park. It’s a delightful mix of desert chic, pops of vibrant color, and her own paintings and ceramic pieces. Click through the full home tour over on Coveteur.
- We certainly fell into a deep Netflix hole over the holiday break and were introduced to the perennially cheerful and patient angel that is Marie Kondo. We’ve all read the book, but now we see her in action guiding the most organizationally challenged with joy and a Japanese interpreter. Try not to clean out your whole house after watching this one! (NYT)
- Finally, for a bit of wanderlust heading into the new year, here is a dreamy arts and crafts boutique hotel situated in the Portuguese countryside. We’re ready to turn the OOO back on to visit this tranquil spot. (Yazter)
ICYMI from Chairish: