Listed Artist Darryl Nettles Painting - Calendar #1
The first of two listed artist Darryl Nettles paintings we acquired - this one titled Calendar 1. 1979. Signed painting of ...
more The first of two listed artist Darryl Nettles paintings we acquired - this one titled Calendar 1. 1979. Signed painting of a calendar. We see a calendar yet we see a painted artistic idea of a calendar.
D Nettles is an American painter and has been installed and showcased in galleries throughout the Unites States.
Described in a review done on the artist's work similar to the Calendar, seen as linguistic impressionism - pseudo-cryptographic patterns of thin block letters that are tightly juxtaposed and overlapped on soft-edged crossword puzzle grids.
The painting is in it's original chrome frame. The framer/previous owner labeled the reverse side and oddly misspelled the artist's name on the frame label. The two paintings we acquired must have been showcased in a corporate environment and were purchased at that time in 1981. This sale is for one of the two paintings. See the listing on Chairish for the other companion painting.
The front side of the piece is signed by the artist and dated '79.
We have not removed the piece from the original chrome frame and plexiglass. It appears to be in good condition with some original pin holes at the corners where it must have been held onto an easel. The intention of running/blurred paint is intentional.
Frame size 30.5 W x 42.5 H
Painting is an est 28" W x 36.5" H less
- 30.5ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 42.5ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $134
- Free Local Pickup in Stamford, CT
Reposed NY in Stamford, CT
Curated. Collected - The Reposed NY Collection is a vintage furniture, decor, art and prop source ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.