1930's Myrtlewood Dining Table and Chairs (1 of 3 Listings)
This set was purchased in 1980, from a neighbor as part of his wife’s estate when she passed. It ...
moreThis set was purchased in 1980, from a neighbor as part of his wife’s estate when she passed. It was approximately 40 yrs old at the time. The dining room set, is from the late 30’s or early 1940's.
The chairs of the set have never been refinished, they are original with the exception of the upholstery. The table, on the other hand was badly damaged when we purchased it, wanting something lighter looking than the full wood table we chose instead of just refinishing it to have it designed and modernized. To preserve the look and feel of the damaged table we kept the ends of the table. There were 4 legs at each end of the table so we had the two ends of the table cut off at 11 inches and had them attached together and refinished it to make a pedestal to support a glass top which is how it is shown in the pictures. The glass top was replaced in November with tempered glass. The chairs have been reupholstered within the last 6 months.
Chairs - 21"W X 18" D X 38" H. There are 5 side chairs, without arms. One Captains chair with arms.
Table - 42"W X 78" L. The glass top is 1/2" thick and has a 1" bevel all around. The edges are slightly rounded.
Pedestal base holding the glass - 22" W X 42" L X 31 " H.
Please visit the other listings for this seller to see the complete dining suite consisting of the pedestal table, a buffet, a china cabinet, 5 side chairs and a captains chair. less
- 42ʺW × 78ʺD × 31ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
Alex S. in Palatine, IL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 3 Piece Dining Sets
- 5 Piece Dining Sets
- 7 Piece Dining Sets
- 9 Piece Dining Sets
- Brown Dining Sets
- Farmhouse Dining Sets
- Glass Dining Sets
- Hollywood Regency Dining Sets
- Nook Dining Sets
- Outdoor Dining Sets
- Regency Dining Sets
- Retro Dining Sets
- Small Dining Sets
- Traditional Dining Sets
- Transitional Dining Sets
- Wood Dining Sets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.