Alan Fulle “Fruit Farm” Expansive Maximalist Painting, 2004
A monumental 2004 Maximalist or Abstract Expressionist painted work on canvas titled “Fruit Farm” by Seattle-based materials oriented abstract artist ...
moreA monumental 2004 Maximalist or Abstract Expressionist painted work on canvas titled “Fruit Farm” by Seattle-based materials oriented abstract artist Alan Fulle.
Geometrically gridded series of 320 white and yellow dots appear to float and glow bokeh-like against a subdued Expressionist ground. Expansive size and optical motif render the piece hypnotically immersive even from a distance. Closer inspection reveals the 3” square grid and freehand circles drawn in pencil that serve as the framework upon which translucent washes and opaque layers of acrylic, oil, and clear epoxy resin have been applied.
The artist is strongly influenced by the beauty of the Pacific Northwest and its inherent juxtaposition between the natural and man-made. That's expressed wonderfully here, with an organic palette featuring forest green flourishes, and a highly architectural layout and scale. This piece is an intriguing anomaly amongst currently listed similarly-themed paintings by the artist from this period, which all display smaller, blurrier dots and many more layers of paint and epoxy resin.
Signed, titled, and dated in pencil on the stretcher by the artist. Also retains an unknown gallery’s printed label reading “Alan Fulle 1” with “Fruit Farm” written in pencil by the artist.
Slight warp w/ lower left corner & upper right corner approx. .75” to 1.0” from true; Three spots of circular crazing: two small, w/ the third just above and right of center slightly larger; Light dirt marks on bottom edge/corners.. less
- 59.5ʺW × 1.75ʺD × 48ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Oil Paint
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good to great condition: Slight warp w/ lower left corner & upper right corner approx. .75” to 1.0 ... moreVery good to great condition: Slight warp w/ lower left corner & upper right corner approx. .75” to 1.0” from true; Three spots of circular crazing: two small, w/ the third just above and right of center slightly larger; Light dirt marks on bottom edge/corners. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Past Perfect in San Francisco, CA
- Super Seller 2018
Past Perfect is a San Francisco-based vintage, mid-century, Danish modern, and antiques collective established in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- 3D Paintings
- Abstract Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Contemporary Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Drawing/Sketching Materials Paintings
- Elephant Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Green Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- House Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Nude Body Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Orange Paintings
- Pencil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- San Francisco Paintings
- Skull Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- White Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.