Baker Furniture New World Group Floating Top Table
This product is no longer available.
This mid-century modern style piece is part of the 'New World' Group noted interior designer Michael Taylor designed for Baker ...
more This mid-century modern style piece is part of the 'New World' Group noted interior designer Michael Taylor designed for Baker Furniture in the early 1950's. It is tagged 'Baker Furniture New World' underneath. Baker Furniture dependably renders superlative quality furniture designed by contemporary designers. This piece is an early example of such partnerships. Michael Taylor designed the Baker Modern New World Group collection with influences from his 'California look' post-war aesthetic and Asian design. This piece comes from San Francisco.
The table has small brass posts along its edge that give the impression of a floating top. Black painted legs, matched starburst veneer top. Casters on leg base make the table easy to move. The table is in good condition with scuffs, scratches, and a few water rings. It is structurally sound, but a leg should be reglued. The table has the capacity to hold leaves. Either use it as is for an authentic look or restore it for a more pristine look. It would be an excellent writing desk, entry, dining, or kitchen table just as it is- totally authentic to its sixty five years. less
- 54.5ʺW × 44.0ʺD × 29.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Michael Taylor
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Austin, TX
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Helen H. in Austin, TX
I love beautiful and high quality furnishings, tableware, and textiles. Don't you??? Clean lines ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.