- Casegoods & Storage
- Dressers & Chests of Drawers
- Drexel Queen Anne Style Mahogany Highboy Chest
Drexel Queen Anne Style Mahogany Highboy Chest
A unique shape lends this exquisite Queen Anne style two-part mahogany highboy a decidedly upscale air, and you will love …
moreA unique shape lends this exquisite Queen Anne style two-part mahogany highboy a decidedly upscale air, and you will love the sophistication it adds to your home décor. Featuring broken pediment, shaped skirt, shell relief carved detail. Made by Drexel; signed in drawer, labeled on the back.
Measures approx. 85" H x 19 1/2" D x 40" L.
As you will no doubt be aware by your interest in this rare beauty, Drexel pieces are the epitome of American furniture making, are of peerless quality, and exhibit detailing and execution of an unrivaled standard. By choosing this highly reputable furniture company, you can be confident that you are purchasing the finest hand crafted, American made products. Drexel is all about custom quality, passionate American craftsmanship, timeless designs, talented and attentive artisans and premium materials. Among the discernible collectors and people of discriminating taste, the name Drexel represents the best of the best.
*****Treasure Island Interiors*****
Express a distinct style and taste with this striking yet elegant highboy that is in a class of its own, possessing all the beauty and majesty you would hope for from the finest examples money can buy. Its definition, structure and overall finish exemplify exclusive craftsmanship not often encountered. Pride of workmanship is visible on every detail of this carefully crafted piece that will let you perfectly showcase your individual style, create the exact look you want, and add interest to your home.
Adding exclusivity to your décor, this fine Queen Anne style highboy offers an elegant and stylish look wherever placed. It is unique in its structural integrity and its perfect functionality, exhibiting blending of creative style balanced with careful proportion and scale. Not only does this beautiful piece possess the aesthetic to die for; it is also an outstandingly versatile and practical choice, providing all the storage capacity and functionality you may need. This high-end, investment quality piece is meant to function within the realities of day-to-day living, while allowing you to create a space that best amplifies your personal style.
*****Treasure Island Interiors*****
Highboy, also called tallboy, is a high or double chest of drawers (known technically as a chest-on-stand and a chest-on-chest, respectively). The name highboy is derived from a corruption of the French bois (“wood”) and became common in English in the late 1600s.
The prototype of the highboy was the chest of drawers on a stand with turned legs (i.e., shaped on a lathe). The lower section is usually wider than the upper. The upper section generally consists of another set of three or four drawers. The piece is topped with a cornice. The two sections are divided by wide molding.
****Treasure Island Interiors****
Offered in very good vintage condition; minor signs of use afforded it in the past. The quality and craftsmanship speak volumes. Some scratches and very minor repair on the side. The pictures are of the actual item you are purchasing, so please look at them closely to confirm its condition and outstanding appearance, as they are part of the description.
This rare piece possesses fantastic vintage appeal. It is truly a treasure and an investment for the generations. Vintage items are incredible pieces of history and are always in style. They also offer a meaningful way to contribute to the environment by recycling pieces from the past.
Comes from a clean, non-smoking, pet free home.
This fine highboy represents spectacular value for money, and we have no doubt it will serve and delight its new owner for many years to come. less
- 40ʺW × 19.5ʺD × 85ʺH
- What type of item is it?
- Vintage / Antique / Used
- Original Condition
- Original Condition Unaltered
- Does it have imperfections?
- Some Imperfections
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
- Some made-to-order items and a limited selection of other items (noted as non-refundable in the returns and cancellations section of the product description)
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Upon inspection, If you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- International, cross-border returns may require different processes depending on the countries between which the item is shipping to/from, and the buyer is responsible and duties (if applicable, on cross-border orders).
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location