- Accent Tables
- Card & Game Tables
- American Chippendale Period Mahogany Antique Ca...
American Chippendale Period Mahogany Antique Card Table, late 18th century
An elegant display of the distinct influence English forms had on the craftsmen of Philadelphia, this fine mahogany card table ...
moreAn elegant display of the distinct influence English forms had on the craftsmen of Philadelphia, this fine mahogany card table was executed contemporarily to the same forms in London throughout the last quarter of the 18th century. The materials are of remarkable quality, the solid single planks of mahogany that make up the card table surface both featuring a vivid and tight graining framed with an integral molded edge. Both hinges are original and retain their hand cut screws, having rubbed silky smooth from centuries of use. The single drawer in the front is crafted with a solid mahogany front with poplar sides dovetailed into it and a yellow pine bottom flush nailed with cut brads. An original pair of bail pulls and matching keyhole escutcheon are retained on the drawer, these probably cast locally, being somewhat inferior in quality to their imported English counterparts. Powerful molded marlborough legs raise the structure, the back leg swinging out with an oak gating structure to support the card table when it is opened.
For the serious collector of fine American objects, particularly the works of Philadelphia, this is a rather iconic form for the region and is an exhuberant example.
Materials: mahogany [primary]; poplar [drawer sides], yellow pine [drawer bottom, back of frame], oak [gate leg structure]
Measurements: 35 7/8” W x 16 3/8” D x 29 5/8” H, 32 3/4” D when opened
Condition Report: Old refinish with beautiful patina preservation, light age appropriate wear. Early loss to edge of proper left leaf (prior to having been refinished). Both back leg tenon joints reglued at some point, proper right leg with two added pegs in joint. Tiny patch from lock breakout; no key. Apron molding proper left by the back leg is replaced. Original brasses and hinges. less
- 35.88ʺW × 16.38ʺD × 29.63ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
20837 does not qualify.
SILLA, LTD. | Antiques & Works of Art in Shippensburg, PA
Located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA, Silla Ltd is a destination for pure ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Folding Card Tables
- Traditional Card and Game Tables
- Round Card Tables
- Wood Card and Game Tables
- Mahogany Card and Game Tables
- Oak Card and Game Tables
- Metal Card and Game Tables
- Hollywood Regency Card and Game Tables
- Chippendale Card and Game Tables
- Brass Card and Game Tables
- Brown Card and Game Tables
- Gold Card and Game Tables
- Americana Card and Game Tables
- Red Card and Game Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.