- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- Vintage Bitossi Owl by Aldo Londi for Raymor or...
Vintage Bitossi Owl by Aldo Londi for Raymor or Rosenthal Netter
A rare, large Bitossi Pottery Yellow Owl Figurine by Aldo Londi for Raymor
Period: c. 1950's or 1960's
Condition: Very ... more A rare, large Bitossi Pottery Yellow Owl Figurine by Aldo Londi for Raymor
Period: c. 1950's or 1960's
Condition: Very good vintage condition, no chips or cracks
Specifications: Height: 6.5", Width: 8", Depth: 5.5"
Materials/Techniques: Ceramic / Pottery
About Bitossi: The identity of Bitossi Ceramiche starts from the beginning of 1900’s and develops upon a productive ceramic tradition that existed in Montelupo Fiorentino starting from 1500. The Bitossi family business produces artistic ceramics, at least since 1871. It will be Guido Bitossi, heir to the ceramic tradition, to establish in 1921 the “Manifattura Maioliche Artistiche” featuring typical local craft works. The traditional production was renewed thanks to the Art Direction of Aldo Londi, a man attentive to the evolution of taste and with a natural born creative and aesthetical sense. The meeting with the architect Ettore Sottsass was of primary importance and it turned into a close collaboration with Londi for many years. Together they will give birth to successful lines which combined and magnified skill and genius. Bitossi Ceramiche still is in the original factory and it is still the destination for leading design characters who are fascinated by the historical value of the company and by craft production and create unique collections which are then recognizable in the nicest international shops. This attitude bound to the entrepreneurial skills developed throughout the years and to the constant research for quality product, helped to create its own identity for Bitossi Ceramiche, qualifying it as an example of Italian excellence. The family thus started to collect over 7000 historical works, documents and material related to the artistic ceramic production since 1871, and so it was created a massive Archive. Thanks to this collection in 2003 it was opened the main core of MAIB – Bitossi Artistic Industrial Museum, managed by the Vittoriano Bitossi Foundation, a direct offshoot of the family. In 2011 MAIB became member of MUSEIMPRESA, Italian Association of Enterprise Archives and Museums. In 2014 during the “Enterprise Culture Week” the Vittoriano Bitossi Foundation released the biography and presented the show dedicated to the master Aldo Londi, titled “Aldo Londi, a 20thCentury Ceramist”. On December, 2, 2014 Bitossi Ceramiche was officially entitled as member of the Registry of Italian Historical Companies, instituted by the National Union of Chambers of Commerce. less
- 8.0ʺW × 5.5ʺD × 6.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Aldo Londi
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $25
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 15 miles of 37215. 20837 does not qualify.
MODFELLOWS Vintage in Nashville, TN
From Mod to Odd...Mid-Century, Deco, Retro, Oddities.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.