- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- Vintage Bitossi Owl by Aldo Londi for Raymor or...
Vintage Bitossi Owl by Aldo Londi for Raymor or Rosenthal Netter
A rare, large Bitossi Pottery Yellow Owl Figurine by Aldo Londi for Raymor
Period: c. 1950's or 1960's
Condition: Very ... more A rare, large Bitossi Pottery Yellow Owl Figurine by Aldo Londi for Raymor
Period: c. 1950's or 1960's
Condition: Very good vintage condition, no chips or cracks
Specifications: Height: 6.5", Width: 8", Depth: 5.5"
Materials/Techniques: Ceramic / Pottery
About Bitossi: The identity of Bitossi Ceramiche starts from the beginning of 1900’s and develops upon a productive ceramic tradition that existed in Montelupo Fiorentino starting from 1500. The Bitossi family business produces artistic ceramics, at least since 1871. It will be Guido Bitossi, heir to the ceramic tradition, to establish in 1921 the “Manifattura Maioliche Artistiche” featuring typical local craft works. The traditional production was renewed thanks to the Art Direction of Aldo Londi, a man attentive to the evolution of taste and with a natural born creative and aesthetical sense. The meeting with the architect Ettore Sottsass was of primary importance and it turned into a close collaboration with Londi for many years. Together they will give birth to successful lines which combined and magnified skill and genius. Bitossi Ceramiche still is in the original factory and it is still the destination for leading design characters who are fascinated by the historical value of the company and by craft production and create unique collections which are then recognizable in the nicest international shops. This attitude bound to the entrepreneurial skills developed throughout the years and to the constant research for quality product, helped to create its own identity for Bitossi Ceramiche, qualifying it as an example of Italian excellence. The family thus started to collect over 7000 historical works, documents and material related to the artistic ceramic production since 1871, and so it was created a massive Archive. Thanks to this collection in 2003 it was opened the main core of MAIB – Bitossi Artistic Industrial Museum, managed by the Vittoriano Bitossi Foundation, a direct offshoot of the family. In 2011 MAIB became member of MUSEIMPRESA, Italian Association of Enterprise Archives and Museums. In 2014 during the “Enterprise Culture Week” the Vittoriano Bitossi Foundation released the biography and presented the show dedicated to the master Aldo Londi, titled “Aldo Londi, a 20thCentury Ceramist”. On December, 2, 2014 Bitossi Ceramiche was officially entitled as member of the Registry of Italian Historical Companies, instituted by the National Union of Chambers of Commerce. less
- 8.0ʺW × 5.5ʺD × 6.5ʺH
- Aldo Londi
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $25
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 15 miles of 37215. 20837 does not qualify.
MODFELLOWS Vintage in Nashville, TN
From Mod to Odd...Mid-Century, Deco, Retro, Oddities.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.