Vintage Bitossi Owl by Aldo Londi for Raymor or Rosenthal Netter
This product is no longer available.
A rare, large Bitossi Pottery Yellow Owl Figurine by Aldo Londi for Raymor
Period: c. 1950's or 1960's
Condition: Very ... moreA rare, large Bitossi Pottery Yellow Owl Figurine by Aldo Londi for Raymor
Period: c. 1950's or 1960's
Condition: Very good vintage condition, no chips or cracks
Specifications: Height: 6.5", Width: 8", Depth: 5.5"
Materials/Techniques: Ceramic / Pottery
About Bitossi: The identity of Bitossi Ceramiche starts from the beginning of 1900’s and develops upon a productive ceramic tradition that existed in Montelupo Fiorentino starting from 1500. The Bitossi family business produces artistic ceramics, at least since 1871. It will be Guido Bitossi, heir to the ceramic tradition, to establish in 1921 the “Manifattura Maioliche Artistiche” featuring typical local craft works. The traditional production was renewed thanks to the Art Direction of Aldo Londi, a man attentive to the evolution of taste and with a natural born creative and aesthetical sense. The meeting with the architect Ettore Sottsass was of primary importance and it turned into a close collaboration with Londi for many years. Together they will give birth to successful lines which combined and magnified skill and genius. Bitossi Ceramiche still is in the original factory and it is still the destination for leading design characters who are fascinated by the historical value of the company and by craft production and create unique collections which are then recognizable in the nicest international shops. This attitude bound to the entrepreneurial skills developed throughout the years and to the constant research for quality product, helped to create its own identity for Bitossi Ceramiche, qualifying it as an example of Italian excellence. The family thus started to collect over 7000 historical works, documents and material related to the artistic ceramic production since 1871, and so it was created a massive Archive. Thanks to this collection in 2003 it was opened the main core of MAIB – Bitossi Artistic Industrial Museum, managed by the Vittoriano Bitossi Foundation, a direct offshoot of the family. In 2011 MAIB became member of MUSEIMPRESA, Italian Association of Enterprise Archives and Museums. In 2014 during the “Enterprise Culture Week” the Vittoriano Bitossi Foundation released the biography and presented the show dedicated to the master Aldo Londi, titled “Aldo Londi, a 20thCentury Ceramist”. On December, 2, 2014 Bitossi Ceramiche was officially entitled as member of the Registry of Italian Historical Companies, instituted by the National Union of Chambers of Commerce. less
- 8ʺW × 5.5ʺD × 6.5ʺH
- Aldo Londi
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
MODFELLOWS Vintage in Nashville, TN
From Mod to Odd...Mid-Century, Deco, Retro, Oddities.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Angel Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Boho Chic Models & Figurines
- Cat Figurines
- Ceramic Models & Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Elephant Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Hollywood Regency Models & Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Italian Models & Figurines
- Mediterranean Models & Figurines
- Mid-Century Modern Models & Figurines
- Nashville Models & Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Venus Figurines
- Yellow Models & Figurines
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.