Pink Silk Ikat Velvet Pillow
The ikat technique is used in many different cultures. It consists of creating a warp, or the vertical yarns in ...
more The ikat technique is used in many different cultures. It consists of creating a warp, or the vertical yarns in a fabric, and repeatedly binding off sections and dying them. Once all the colors have been dyed, the weft, or horizontal yarn is woven through creating the final product. The seeping of dye into the edges of the bound sections is what gives ikat its unique jagged appearance. We love the 100% silk ikat from Uzbekistan for the clarity and depth of color. The velvets, like this one are especially luxurious.
This pillow measures 13" x 20" and has the same fabric on both front and back, as well as knife edges and an invisible zipper. It comes complete with the plush down feather pillow insert. less
- 20.0ʺW × 6.0ʺD × 13.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Paoli, PA
Camel & Grey in Paoli, PA
Devoted to the craft and provenance of textiles (and all beautiful things!), we believe that ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 15Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.