Pink Silk Ikat Velvet Pillow
The ikat technique is used in many different cultures. It consists of creating a warp, or the vertical yarns in ...
The ikat technique is used in many different cultures. It consists of creating a warp, or the vertical yarns in a fabric, and repeatedly binding off sections and dying them. Once all the colors have been dyed, the weft, or horizontal yarn is woven through creating the final product. The seeping of dye into the edges of the bound sections is what gives ikat its unique jagged appearance. We love the 100% silk ikat from Uzbekistan for the clarity and depth of color. The velvets, like this one are especially luxurious.
This pillow measures 13" x 20" and has the same fabric on both front and back, as well as knife edges and an invisible zipper. It comes complete with the plush down feather pillow insert. less
- 20.0ʺW × 6.0ʺD × 13.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Paoli, PA
Camel & Grey in Paoli, PA
Devoted to the craft and provenance of textiles (and all beautiful things!), we believe that ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 15Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.