19th C Needlepoint Tapestry Portrait of Child Pillow
This product is no longer available.
You are looking at a truly exquisite needlepoint petitpoint Berlin wool-work. This type of needlework was extremely popular in Europe ...
more You are looking at a truly exquisite needlepoint petitpoint Berlin wool-work. This type of needlework was extremely popular in Europe mid 19th century. This needlework came with a museum appraisal which I will include. There are 3 different types of wool used. A thick one for the hair, robe and background. A thin one for the flesh areas and a silk one for highlights on the robe. The needlepoint measures approx 11" x 11.5" and is in excellent condition. I love the childs face and curly hair although I’m not sure it it’s a boy or a girl.
I used a 1.5” wide antique metallic vestment trim with a bronze patina around the needlepoint. On the front of the pillow I used a dark brown cotton velvet. On the back I used a dramatic chenille. I finished the pillow off with an 1.5” thick antique dark gold metallic cord.
There is a hidden zipper closure for your convenience and a down and feather insert for a plush look and feel. The entire pillow is lined for extra durability. When I sey this pillow was constuctured to last for a few more centuries I’m not exaggerating. It is in excellent condition with no flaws in the needlepoint and the pillow itself was recently constructed combining the old (needlepoint and metallic trims) with the new (all the other elements). It comes from a smoke free home. less
- 21.0ʺW × 6.0ʺD × 20.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $30
- Free Local Pickup in Black Mountain, NC
Lynn P. in Black Mountain, NC
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.