- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- 19th Century English Scrimshaw Steer Horn With Bl…
19th Century English Scrimshaw Steer Horn With Black Armorial Crest Engraving
This fine, antique scrimshaw steer horn is from England, circa 1870. The horn flaunts impressive engraving work and overall is … moreThis fine, antique scrimshaw steer horn is from England, circa 1870. The horn flaunts impressive engraving work and overall is in excellent condition. This piece is carved with the inscription "Unitas Benevolencia Et Concordia", meaning "the ancient order of foresters." The Ancient Order of Foresters (AOF) originated in Yorkshire and is one of the oldest friendly societies. The earliest verifiable evidence of the Foresters' existence is in 1790. A list from this date was found, which lists the members of the Court No.1, who met at the Old Crown Inn in Kirkdale, Leeds. The AOF was probably a benefit society from its beginnings, and stayed one through the 19th century. less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Cat Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Elephant Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- New and Custom Brass Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Black Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Ceramic Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Chinese Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Models and Figurines
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs