Last Call 1986 Modernage Miami Postmodern Glass & Brass Geometric Dining Table
Last Call Items are on final markdown and price is firm . They tend to move quickly, so, if interested, please ...
more Last Call Items are on final markdown and price is firm . They tend to move quickly, so, if interested, please don't hesitate. Thank you
Gorgeous postmodern masterpiece by Modernage Miami. Luxury at its finest. Brass base with etched glass top in stunning Memphis style design. Features maker's mark on glass.
Glass top brass base table, etched cut glass top, base has 3 tubular columns connected by brass bands, height table is 28.5", diameter is 50", top has small chip on edge, signed with mark.
As per Louis Fremont: Modernage Furniture Company Incorporated first opened as a retailer in New York City in 1925. The story of Modernage is actually the story of its founder, Martin H. Feinman. Feinman was born April 3, 1899, in Odessa Russia, and was brought to the United States and raised by his father in New York City. His father operated a furniture factory. In a 1949 interview, Feinman described how he worked as a lumberman in the south and west to learn about different kinds of woods. In 1925, Feinman visited the Paris Expo (Exposition internationale des arts décoratifs et industriels modernes) and was immediately struck with the beauty of moderne style. His father, who was still manufacturing furniture, gave him a small corner in the factory to make his own designs of modern furniture. Soon, clients such as Claudette Colbert, George Gershwin and Fred Warning began showing up to buy his pieces.
I think Feinman's self-description of modern furniture sums up the style quite well: He rejected traditional hallmarks such as mohair, horsehair, down, old fashioned buffets decorated with imitation cupid's heads. He also rejected traditional concepts such as the seven piece bedroom set, or the parlor with formal furniture which was only used on special occasions, and covered with sheets when not in use. He stated that "People want color, comfort and warmth in home furniture. They use it more - perhaps abuse it more - but they also enjoy it more" (Owosso Argus-Press, Owosso, MI: A Revolution in the Parlor. November 12, 1949). He added that "People want furniture to be light and simple instead of heavy, dark and ornate. They don't buy furniture by weight as they did 50 years ago" Id. To that end, Feinman designed a set of nine pieces, around which 150 combinations of groupings could be selected. for any room of the house. This indeed was revolutionary not just in style, but purpose. I suspect that at the time of this interview, he was describing the Multiplex Modern line, which I will describe a bit more below.
His father was obviously impressed, and turned the family business over to Martin. His passion for designing led him to open his store in New York, and retailing modern furniture became his life passion until he passed away November 27, 1992, in southern Florida.
Item requires crating and is substantial in weight. This accounts for high shipping cost. less
- 45ʺW × 50ʺD × 29ʺH
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good vintage - minor wear and tear, desirable patina, still has good years left Good vintage - minor wear and tear, desirable patina, still has good years left less
Otto Binx in Beacon, NY
After many years as an academic, I realized that my work as an art and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 19Ask the Seller / View All
- Brass Dining Tables
- Brass Dining Tables
- Etching Dining Tables
- Glass Dining Tables
- Gold Dining Tables
- LED Dining Tables
- Metal Dining Tables
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Tables
- Modern Dining Tables
- New York Dining Tables
- Printmaking Materials Dining Tables
- Traditional Dining Tables
- Transparent Dining Tables
- Wood Dining Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.