Final Markdown 1986 Modernage Miami Postmodern Glass & Brass Geometric Dining Table
Gorgeous postmodern masterpiece by Modernage Miami. Luxury at its finest. Brass base with etched glass top in stunning Memphis style ...
more Gorgeous postmodern masterpiece by Modernage Miami. Luxury at its finest. Brass base with etched glass top in stunning Memphis style design. Features maker's mark on glass.
Glass top brass base table, etched cut glass top, base has 3 tubular columns connected by brass bands, height table is 28.5", diameter is 50", top has small chip on edge, signed with mark.
Final Markdown pricing is firm.
As per Louis Fremont: Modernage Furniture Company Incorporated first opened as a retailer in New York City in 1925. The story of Modernage is actually the story of its founder, Martin H. Feinman. Feinman was born April 3, 1899, in Odessa Russia, and was brought to the United States and raised by his father in New York City. His father operated a furniture factory. In a 1949 interview, Feinman described how he worked as a lumberman in the south and west to learn about different kinds of woods. In 1925, Feinman visited the Paris Expo (Exposition internationale des arts décoratifs et industriels modernes) and was immediately struck with the beauty of moderne style. His father, who was still manufacturing furniture, gave him a small corner in the factory to make his own designs of modern furniture. Soon, clients such as Claudette Colbert, George Gershwin and Fred Warning began showing up to buy his pieces.
I think Feinman's self-description of modern furniture sums up the style quite well: He rejected traditional hallmarks such as mohair, horsehair, down, old fashioned buffets decorated with imitation cupid's heads. He also rejected traditional concepts such as the seven piece bedroom set, or the parlor with formal furniture which was only used on special occasions, and covered with sheets when not in use. He stated that "People want color, comfort and warmth in home furniture. They use it more - perhaps abuse it more - but they also enjoy it more" (Owosso Argus-Press, Owosso, MI: A Revolution in the Parlor. November 12, 1949). He added that "People want furniture to be light and simple instead of heavy, dark and ornate. They don't buy furniture by weight as they did 50 years ago" Id. To that end, Feinman designed a set of nine pieces, around which 150 combinations of groupings could be selected. for any room of the house. This indeed was revolutionary not just in style, but purpose. I suspect that at the time of this interview, he was describing the Multiplex Modern line, which I will describe a bit more below.
His father was obviously impressed, and turned the family business over to Martin. His passion for designing led him to open his store in New York, and retailing modern furniture became his life passion until he passed away November 27, 1992, in southern Florida. less
- 50ʺW × 50ʺD × 28.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $650
- $300 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 20 miles of 11215. 20837 does not qualify.
Otto Binx in Beacon, NY
After more than a decade in academia, both as doctoral candidate at NYU’s Institute ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.