Abstract Earth Painting
Abstract earth by Duane Albert Armstrong (American, b. 1938). Presented in a wooden frame. Singed "D. Armstrong" and dated "1974" ... more Abstract earth by Duane Albert Armstrong (American, b. 1938). Presented in a wooden frame. Singed "D. Armstrong" and dated "1974" lower right. Image size, 8"H x 8"W. Duane Albert Armstrong, a native Californian, was born in Fresno on Christmas Day in 1938. He was raised in the countryside near San Luis Obispo until 1950 when his family moved to the Santa Clara Valley. His mother, a teacher, was also an artist and writer. With this background, Duane learned about painting materials and techniques while still in his childhood. He also had an exposure to art shows and museums at the time and was fascinated by the way the various artists were able to make their canvases come alive with paint. This was the beginning of a life long interest in painting, which has resulted in several significant breakthroughs in the world of art, his most popular being his "Fields of Grass" series, which have been reproduced worldwide. He now has over 185 paintings in print, and his art has been marketed in over 3,500 department stores in the United States. During the 1970's, his work earned him the status of being one of the top five print sales artists in the nation. Of this widespread acceptance, a representative of Heritage Publications stated that, "Duane Armstrong will be recognized as one of the top five contemporary painters in America during this decade". He is relatively unknown due to his reclusive nature. He has always chosen to work and produce rather than sell and promote, which explains why he very rarely attends his own shows. less
- 18.0ʺW × 2.0ʺD × 18.0ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
Robert Azensky Fine Art in Soquel, CA
Located in Soquel, California, Robert Azensky has been buying and selling original California and American ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.