- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1992 Roy Lichtenstein and Mel Ramos Pop Art Exh...
1992 Roy Lichtenstein and Mel Ramos Pop Art Exhibition Poster
In the 1960s, Pop Art emerged as a platform for popular and mass culture, drawing attention to the comic books ...
more In the 1960s, Pop Art emerged as a platform for popular and mass culture, drawing attention to the comic books, billboards, branding, advertisements, and celebrities. By emphasizing how the mainstream media had been seeping into the public's subconscious, Pop Art was able to comment on consumerism, capitalism, and mass production. Whether the artist applauded or criticized mass culture, the underlying similarity in most American Pop artworks is that the source material was always on full display, never hidden away or buried.
Roy Lichtenstein began producing Pop Art paintings based on the imagery of consumerism and popular culture in the early 1960s, and he is most often associated with paintings and prints based on comic strips. Mel Ramos is an American Pop artist best known for his female nudes painted alongside brand logos. Ramos’ pointed coupling of women with familiar products serves as a commentary on the ways in which modern culture has cast the female body as interchangeable with beauty and consumerism. Both artists were inspired by the graphic style of comic books, whose influence can be seen in their artwork.
The two artworks featured are Roy Lichtenstein's 1961 "Mr. Bellamy" (detail), and Mel Ramos's 1963 "Senorita Rio, The Queen of Spies" (detail). Poster is recently linen-backed and in excellent condition. less
- 27.0ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 53.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Pop Art
- Roy Lichtenstein
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.