- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1992 Roy Lichtenstein and Mel Ramos Pop Art Exh...
1992 Roy Lichtenstein and Mel Ramos Pop Art Exhibition Poster
In the 1960s, Pop Art emerged as a platform for popular and mass culture, drawing attention to the comic books ...
more In the 1960s, Pop Art emerged as a platform for popular and mass culture, drawing attention to the comic books, billboards, branding, advertisements, and celebrities. By emphasizing how the mainstream media had been seeping into the public's subconscious, Pop Art was able to comment on consumerism, capitalism, and mass production. Whether the artist applauded or criticized mass culture, the underlying similarity in most American Pop artworks is that the source material was always on full display, never hidden away or buried.
Roy Lichtenstein began producing Pop Art paintings based on the imagery of consumerism and popular culture in the early 1960s, and he is most often associated with paintings and prints based on comic strips. Mel Ramos is an American Pop artist best known for his female nudes painted alongside brand logos. Ramos’ pointed coupling of women with familiar products serves as a commentary on the ways in which modern culture has cast the female body as interchangeable with beauty and consumerism. Both artists were inspired by the graphic style of comic books, whose influence can be seen in their artwork.
The two artworks featured are Roy Lichtenstein's 1961 "Mr. Bellamy" (detail), and Mel Ramos's 1963 "Senorita Rio, The Queen of Spies" (detail). Poster is recently linen-backed and in excellent condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.