Arts & Crafts Solid Oak Trestle Writing Table
This is a quite attractive and relatively small early 20th century trestle style library table with the strictly utilitarian construction ...
more This is a quite attractive and relatively small early 20th century trestle style library table with the strictly utilitarian construction preferred during throughout the Arts & Crafts movement. There is a Shaker-like simplicity, the symmetry between the footings and battens beneath the top evidence of a craftsman seeking absolute minimalism in his form. The table is free of any embellishment, the pair of legs locking together with a single stretcher plank that tenons through each leg with wedges tapping into the ends for a tight joint. Bolts were added through the footing and battens into the leg to lock what originally was a glued joint more permanently together.
The top is a huge plank of solid oak that is affixed from the battens with early bolts - at some point it sustained some water damage that resulted in a warp and cracking to the top, though it does give the top some interesting character. It is beautifully worn and patinated, the early oak with rubbed discolorations from years of active use. It is a nice accent piece and utilitarian writing desk for the modern home, a pure and nicely worn piece that will continue to look better as it continues to be gently worn.
Measurements: 30 1/4” H x 53 3/4” W x 29 5/8” D
Condition Report: Top is warped with some discoloration. Scuffs and abrasions throughout. Old shrink cracks to top plank. Bolts are replaced. Old worn surface with discolorations and nice warm patina. less
- 53.75ʺW × 30.25ʺD × 29.6ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $289
- Free Local Pickup in Shippensburg, PA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is situated deep in the Cumberland Valley among the rolling hills and farms ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.