Maison Jansen Stamped Louis XVI Style Bergere Armchairs- A Pair
A pair of Maison Jansen stamped Louis XVI style armchairs with new green upholstery. Wonderfully distressed. This fine pair of ...
moreA pair of Maison Jansen stamped Louis XVI style armchairs with new green upholstery. Wonderfully distressed. This fine pair of light green paint decorated bergere chairs are in their original painted finish. Having squared backed and stuffed seats this pair are very comfortable and depict the Hollywood Regency era at its finest point.
This piece is accompanied by a letter of Authentication from James Archer Abbott, Author of 'Designing Camelot: the Kennedy White House Restoration' as well as both Jansen Furniture Books.
James Archer Abbott serves as Director and Curator of Johns Hopkins University’s Evergreen Museum Library – one of two museums owned and operated by the university. Mr. Abbott's publications include the following exhibition catalogs: Visions of Washington Irving: Selections from the Collections of Historic Hudson Valley (co-author, 1991); Classical to 19th-Century America: The Influence of Berry Tracy on the Historical Interior (1994); and A Frenchman in Camelot: The Decoration of the Kennedy White House by Stéphane Boudin (1995). Mr. Abbott co-wrote with Elaine Rice a further exploration of the Kennedy White House décor, entitled Designing Camelot: The Kennedy White House Restoration, which was published by Van Nostrand Reinhold in 1998. In 2006, he completed a well-received history of the international design firm Jansen (1880-1989), entitled; JANSEN, and published by Acanthus Press, LLC. This was followed by a companion volume,JANSEN Furniture, published in spring 2007.
Seat Height: 20.5 Inches less
- 26ʺW × 21.5ʺD × 41.5ʺH
- Maison Jansen
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Greenwich Living Antiques & Design Centre in Stamford, CT
LOCATED IN THE HEART OF STAMFORD CONNECTICUTS ANTIQUES DISTRICT IT IS THE LARGEST SINGLE OWNER ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Antique White Bergere Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Fabric Bergere Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- French Bergere Chairs
- Green Bergere Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Louis XVI Bergere Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Shabby Chic Bergere Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Traditional Bergere Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Bergere Chairs
- Wood Bergere Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.