UNCOVER THE STATELY ATTRACTION OF FRENCH BERGERE CHAIRS
Calling all Francophiles! If you can’t shake the illustrious nature of all things French furniture, we have one word for you: SAME. But first, what is a Bergere chair (pronounced like bair-jair)? Put simply, it is a chair designed in the Louis XV style—think upholstered back and arms with a loose seat cushion and exposed frames. While some antique French Bergere chairs play around with this definition—tweaking things here and there—one thing that all of them have in common is oodles of style. First emerging in the 1600s near the end of Louis XIV’s reign, these dignified chairs have evolved to feature gilded or painted wood frames upholstered with dazzling fabrics like satin or silk. Available in both subtle and eye-popping hues—these chairs are a class act. And the best thing about them? They’re extremely comfortable to sit in.
French Bergere Chair Styles to Know
If you are looking to add a touch of elegance à la the French to your office, Bergere chairs and ottoman are a unique choice that you won’t regret. Looking for a pattern? Get a pair of white and black striped antique French Bergere chairs to transform your office. For your living room, go with a classic blush or saffron color Bergere chair reproduction. For the study or the den, throw caution to the wind and grab a duo of velvet Bergeres or a pair decked out in animal patterned upholstery. There really is so much that you can accomplish with these playful vintage chairs. The best part? These Parisian-born seats are so classic, you can’t really go wrong, no matter how you style them. Partner them with Chinoiserie decor (think bamboo fretwork coffee tables and gilded folding screens) to usher in a haute bohemian vibe, or go rogue and team a wildly patterned bergere with a Postmodern travertine coffee table and velvet sofa for a look that evokes off-the-cuff splendor With our selection of vintage and used bergeres, smashing style is in the air!
Questions & Answers
- Which brand has the largest assortment of french bergere chairs at Chairish?
- Baker Furniture Company is our most popular french bergere chair brand, with 10+ items in stock.
- What are some popular french bergere chair styles?
- Popular french bergere chair styles are French, Louis XV, and Louis XVI.
- How many vintage french bergere chairs does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 840+ vintage french bergere chairs in stock.
- Does Chairish have french bergere chairs on sale?
- Yes! We have 250+ french bergere chairs on sale.
- What are some popular french bergere chair brands?
- We have french bergere chairs from popular brands such as Baker Furniture Company, Ethan Allen, and Henredon.
- Bronze Bergere Chairs
- Canary Yellow Bergere Chairs
- Biedermeier Bergere Chairs
- Louis XIII Bergere Chairs
- Louis XV Bergere Chairs
- Louis XVI Bergere Chairs
- Baker Furniture Company Bergere Chairs
- Blue Bergere Chairs
- Italian Bergere Chairs
- Contemporary Bergere Chairs
- Velvet Bergere Chairs
- Leather Bergere Chairs
- William Switzer Bergere Chairs