Antique Biedermeier Walnut Wardrobe
Stunning antique Biedermeier wardrobe with key and rod for hanging clothes from the 1800s. Superior quality with gorgeous symmetrical book-matched ...
more Stunning antique Biedermeier wardrobe with key and rod for hanging clothes from the 1800s. Superior quality with gorgeous symmetrical book-matched walnut veneers.
Good antique condition with gentle signs of age and wear commensurate with age and use. Most noticeable damage is chipping of surface wood on bottom right side of wardrobe and several old scraps of paper stuck to the inside right door and inside right cabinet wall (see fourth picture).
There are also small chips (notably several .5" x .5" chips on top front of armoire (see last pic left side), top left of right door (last pic right top), and a 1" x 1/2 inch dent/crack on inside of left door near top visible when you open the armoire (see last pic right side bottom)) and light cracking (grain of wood on right door panel is cracked a little (see second to last pic and overall image of armoire) but it looks natural for the grain) and scratches. Small chunk of wood (1.5" x .5") is missing from bottom inside corner of right door. Slits on back of armoire so not a perfect fit of wood to back of armoire (visible in open door pic and backside pic). Slightly creaky if you push on armoire walls to check structure, but still extremely solid. Door does not stay locked without key inside.
Still looks amazing considering the age. Such a high quality piece, and reflective of old world craftmanship. Clean interior with no odors.
This piece weighs 175 to 200 pounds. less
- 55ʺW × 22ʺD × 73.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Sisters of Discernment in Brooklyn, NY
Objects with Suchness. New items added weekly!
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 6Ask the Seller / View All
- Armoires with Drawers
- Brown Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Clothing Armoires
- Corner Armoires
- Linen Armoires
- Media Armoires
- Mirrored Armoires
- New York Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Oak Armoires
- Painted Armoires
- Pine Armoires
- Rustic Armoires
- Storage Armoires
- TV Armoires
- Tall Armoires
- Traditional Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Wardrobe Armoires
- Wood Armoires
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.