Vintage George Nelson for Herman Miller Platform Bench
This product is no longer available.
Offering an exceptional early platform bench with cushion designed by George Nelson for Herman Miller. The bench has been professionally ...
more Offering an exceptional early platform bench with cushion designed by George Nelson for Herman Miller. The bench has been professionally restored to its original black lacquer finish. The foam on the seat cushion is still in excellent condition, as well as the original black and gold tweed upholstery. Original early Herman Miller label is present and also indicates that this bench was originally sold at Polk Bros. Furniture in Chicago. This rare piece is multi-functional and could also be used as a coffee table.
An excellent piece in pristine condition.
Without the cushion, it measures 14" tall. less
- 48ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 19ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Herman Miller
- George Nelson
Liberty & 33rd Furniture Co. in South Bend, IN
Liberty & 33rd features a carefully curated collection of 18th to 20th century European and American ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Bed Benches
- Bedroom Benches
- Benches with Backs
- Black Benches
- Church Benches
- Deck Benches
- Dining Benches
- Entry Benches
- Garden Benches
- Hallway Benches
- Herman Miller Benches
- Indoor Benches
- Kitchen Benches
- Log Benches
- Mid-Century Modern Benches
- Outdoor Benches
- Patio Benches
- Pew Benches
- Piano Benches
- South Bend Benches
- Stone Benches
- Storage Benches
- Storage Benches with Drawers
- Tufted Benches
- Upholstered Benches
- Vanity Benches
- Window Benches
- Wood Benches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.