- Casegoods & Storage
- Bookcases & Étagères
- French Louis XV Style Marquetry Inlaid Biblioth...
French Louis XV Style Marquetry Inlaid Bibliotheque Bookcase, Circa 1900
An intricately veneered case with a lovely form and dimension, this very fine bookcase is crafted in the Louis XV ...
moreAn intricately veneered case with a lovely form and dimension, this very fine bookcase is crafted in the Louis XV taste during the height of the Belle Epoque period at the turn of the century. With only 7 1/2” in overall depth, the case barely projects into the room while bringing a wealth of architecture to an interior - the shelves are probably intended more for display of a collection versus functionally housing books, as the depth is somewhat prohibitive.
Beneath the open bookshelves, a pair of doors are intricately inlaid with marquetry florals around the keyhole escutcheons, the four quadrants of the doors crossbanded to create sharply angular grain effects set perpendicular to the darker veneers around the border. This theme of contrasting colors and opposing angles is continued through most veneered panels in the case, but is softened by the nearly total absence of hard lines in the design. The cabriole legs flow into a scrolling apron, the doors mirroring the relentless scroll of the parquetry flanked by curved corner columns and nearly Pagoda-form crest.
The top plank is lifted from the case with four tiny wooden pegs, allowing easy access to the clock movement - this is signed on the dial “Thomire et Cie” and “Henry Robert” - currently the movement is not functioning, but we do not complete clock restoration in the shop so this will have to be serviced or restored upon receipt. The back of the case is a simple and orderly construction with the tenon mortised framing locked together with tiny wooden pins, holding the larger oak panels set inside of grooves in the framing.
There is a harmony and perfection in the 19th century French designs that lends depth and history to even the most modern interior. This petite biblioteque is particularly wonderful for it’s substantial presence in a rather small footprint. less
- 23.75ʺW × 7.5ʺD × 64.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
Top was likely marble originally, since replaced with a pegged wooden top. Age appropriate wear (veneer cracking/minor ... moreCondition Report:
Top was likely marble originally, since replaced with a pegged wooden top. Age appropriate wear (veneer cracking/minor blemishes) with color touchups and small veneer patching. Movement will require service and restoration prior to operating. Remaining in gorgeous presentation-ready condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
SILLA, LTD. | Antiques & Works of Art in Shippensburg, PA
Located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA, Silla Ltd is a destination for pure ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- 2 Shelf Bookcases
- 3 Shelf Bookcases
- 4 Shelf Bookcases
- 5 Shelf Bookcases
- Barrister Bookcases
- Belle Epoque Bookcases & Étagères
- Bookcases with Doors
- Bookcases with Drawers
- Bookcases with Glass Doors
- Brown Bookcases & Étagères
- Corner Bookcases
- Floating Bookcases
- French Bookcases & Étagères
- Glass Door Bookcases
- Gold Bookcases & Étagères
- Horizontal Bookcases
- Large Bookcases
- Lawyer Bookcases
- Louis XV Bookcases & Étagères
- Low Bookcases
- Modular Bookcases
- Narrow Bookcases
- Pallet Bookcases
- Revolving Bookcases
- Rolling Bookcases
- Round Bookcases
- Shabby Chic Bookcases & Étagères
- Short Bookcases
- Small Bookcases
- Tall Bookcases
- Tall Narrow Bookcases
- Tan Bookcases & Étagères
- Traditional Bookcases & Étagères
- Wall Mounted Bookcases
- Wide Bookcases
- Wood Bookcases & Étagères
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.