Modernist Abstract Ardoth Terrill Hughes Still Life Painting
Terrill painted impressionist still lives and abstract landscapes of the Monterey Peninsula.
Ardoth Terrill Hughes, American 1928-
A beautiful modernist ... more Terrill painted impressionist still lives and abstract landscapes of the Monterey Peninsula.
Ardoth Terrill Hughes, American 1928-
A beautiful modernist abstract of general provisions and epicurean delights, highly detailed, In excellent condition and in original frame.
Some wear to the frame
A great modernist mid century modern work.
Signed on there verso.
Oil on board
Full name and address on verso
She grew up and lived on the Monterey Peninsula from 1928-48. Terrill studied at Hartnell College with well known early California artist Leon Amyx. She moved to San Francisco where she studied at the Stephen's Academy of Advertising Art and the Schaefer School of Design. She worked for over 10 years in advertising for H. Leiber & Co. and at the Ransohoff's Department Stores.
She returned to the Monterey Peninsula in 1958 and remained there since. In Carmel she studied at the Carmel Art Institute under John Cunningham. Hughes became an artist member of the prestigious Carmel Art Association in 1962. She was also a member of the Society of Western Artists.
She exhibited with the Carmel Art Association, Society of Western Artists, De Young Museum in San Francisco, Monterey County Fair, and San Juan Baptista Art Annuals. She was an award winner in many of the venues in which she entered her works
In the Frame
37 3/4" w x 24" t x2 " deep less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Scottsdale, AZ
We Love Lucite in Scottsdale, AZ
Here you will find quality items that we personally select for their rarity and ‘wow ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.