Kees van Dongen - Montmartre 1900 - Original Lithograph
Kees van Dongen Title: Montmartre 1900 Original Lithograph Edition of 180 Dimensions: 39 x 30 cm References: Juffermans JL 34 … moreKees van Dongen Title: Montmartre 1900 Original Lithograph Edition of 180 Dimensions: 39 x 30 cm References: Juffermans JL 34 Information : This lithograph was created for the portfolio '' Regards sur Paris '' edited in 1962 by André Sauret and limited to 180 copies Condition : Excellent Kees van Dongen (1877 - 1968) Kees van Dongen was born on January 1, 1877, in Delfshaven near Rotterdam. Early in his artistic endevours, he was inspired by the Impressionists and influenced by their style. Van Dongen studied at the academy of Rotterdam but did not finish his studies there. He earned his livelihood working for the magazines ''Groene'' and ''Rotterdam Neusblad.'' His racy drawings of life around the habor were published with great scandal. In 1897, he went to Paris, where he lived in Bateau-Lavoir. There he worked as an illustrator for ''Revoue Blanche'' and ''L'assiette au Beurre.'' In 1903, van Dongen exhibited his works publicly for the first time, and later he showed with Matisse in the Vollard Gallery. The Dutch painter became associated with the group ''Fauves'' (wild beasts) in 1905. Nonetheless, his affinity for the German Expressionists can be recognized in his works. Indicative of his work is the intense use of color, which increased the expressiveness of his paintings. In 1908, he became a member of the group of German Expressionists ''Die Brücke'' (the Bridge) and exhibited with them. At the end of World War I, van Dongen was discovered by the upperclass. He then painted many portraits, becoming a chronicler of the 1920's and 1930's. His expressive portraits, likenesses, and landscapes received much appreciation and achieved success through his unique coloring. Kees van Dongen died on May 28, 1968, in Monte Carlo. less
- 11.81ʺW × 0.39ʺD × 15.35ʺH
- Art Subjects
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs