- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- Michael Andreas Russ, Young Woman Sitting, Circa …
Michael Andreas Russ, Young Woman Sitting, Circa 1980
This photograph "Young Woman Sitting" c.1980 is an original gelatin silver print by famous German photographer and artist Michael Andreas …
moreThis photograph "Young Woman Sitting" c.1980 is an original gelatin silver print by famous German photographer and artist Michael Andreas Russ, born 1945. The photograph size is 12.5 x 8.5 inches, sheet size is 14.75 x 10inches. It is in excellent condition.
About Michael Andreas Russ.
Michael Andreas Russ (born January 1945 in Berlin) is an German/American photographer, photo designer and film director. Russ' career as a photographer began in New York in the late 1960s where he photographed his fellow acting students. Self-taught, he eventually moved to his own studio off Union Square, Manhattan and connected with the local underground art scene. Photograph by Russ was published on the cover of “Art Direction Magazine of Visual Communication” with a Gertrude Stein quotation: “The composition in which we live makes the art which we see and hear” In his early years Russ focused on men's fashion magazines and erotic sequential photographic scenes for Playboy Press books. He eventually experimented with distinctive photographic techniques, turning 35mm black and white film into chemically toned, masked, solarized and hand colored, one of a kind silver gelatin prints. These 'TinTones' as Russ would call them eventually became the trademark of his work. They were published in popular fashion and lifestyle magazines and brought him international recognition in the art world. His work was published in major fashion, lifestyle and avant-garde magazines, GUNNARS, Mode International, Mode Avant Guarde, PHOTO Magazine, Zoom (photography magazine), as well as German Playboy (magazine), Photo Reporter and cover art to IL Magazine. He also contributed sequential 'sujets de chambre' to Vogue magazine His erotic postcard edition "The Compagnie" became part of the permanent collection of the Musée des arts décoratifs de Paris, an annex to the Louvre museum.
1980: Musee des Arts Decoratifs (Louvre Annex, Paris). "Postcard edition The Compagnie"
1983: China Club, Los Angeles. "Prussian Blue". Large format R prints.
1998: L.A. Gallery, Los Angeles. Group exhibition.
1999: The Image House, Santa Fe N.M. "Iris Giclee Prints".
2000: Fullers Lodge, Los Alamos N.M. "Iris Giclee Prints", group exhibition.
2000: The Paramount, Santa Fe N.M. "TinTones".
2003: Soho Gallery, Los Angeles, "Iris Giclee Prints and silver gelatine -"TinTones", group exhibition.
2007: Fine Arts-Con.Tra Salongalerie, Berlin. "TinTones", large format AluDiBonds/Silver/Industrial.
2007: Galerie Nadania Idriss, Berlin. "TinTones", large format AluDiBonds/Silver/Industrial.
2008: Art Center Berlin. "TinTones", large format AluDiBonds/Silver/Industrial.
2009: Galerie Lucas Carrieri (Berlin). "TinTones", large format AluDiBonds/Silver/Industrial.
2011: Art Center Berlin. "TinTones. Rough Print", large format AluDiBonds/Silver/Industrial.
2012: Art Place Seoul, South Corea. "TinTones. Rough Print", large format Lambda Prints.
2013: Retrospektive: Fotografien von Michael A. Russ, 1973 – 2013. "06:00 AM … positive/negatives
2013: Station Berlin, Berlin Fotofestival The Browse 2013."TinTones", large format AluDiBonds/Silver/Industrial. less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Cat Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Elephant Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- New and Custom Brass Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Black Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Ceramic Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Chinese Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Models and Figurines
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location