Driade Melaina Armchair
This product is no longer available.
The iconic Melaina Armchair from Driade! Designed by Rodolfo Bonetto. Melaina Armchair features unmistakable and timeless modern styling. Constructed of ...
moreThe iconic Melaina Armchair from Driade! Designed by Rodolfo Bonetto. Melaina Armchair features unmistakable and timeless modern styling. Constructed of fiberglass monobloc with a sleek gloss finish, the seat of the Melaina Armchair appears to be suspended from it's armrests, giving the chair a very distinctive look.
Incredible Mid-Century Modern white fiberglass, stunning space-age Italian design, some minor surface cracks and dings but still very solid, strong and sturdy. A fantastic edition for any home or serious collector. For indoor use only.
Price is for one chair. There is a second chair available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in purchasing the set.
About the designer:
Self-taught, he began his activity as a product designer in 1958, producing designs in wide-ranging fields of industrial mass production: household appliances, car chassis, sanitaryware, machine tools, electrical equipment, musical instruments, televisions, bags, hi-fi systems, furniture, lighting devices. Of particular importance is his work in the sector of machine tools and work equipment, with carefully studied ergonomics (watches for Borletti including Sfericlock, which won the Compasso d`Oro ADI in 1964 and became part of MoMA’s permanent collection, and the numerically controlled machine tool Auctor for Olivetti, Compasso d`Oro ADI winner in 1967).
He worked with different design companies. He was president of ADI (1971-1973) and ICSID (1979-1981). He also furthered an understanding of design in countries such as the Soviet Union, the United States and Japan. Besides his fervent professional activity he also worked to increase awareness of the problems of industrial design, holding lectures at the Hochschule für Gestaltung in Ulm and at the ISIA in Rome.
Bonetto is the only Italian designer who never put his name to architectural projects, always being exclusively interested in mass production. After his death, a Compasso d’Oro was dedicated to him in 1991 for the body of his work, which continues today with the studio Bonetto Design, coordinated by his son Marco. Rodolfo Bonetto’s collaboration with Driade began in 1971. less
- 27ʺW × 26.5ʺD × 14.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Midcentury Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI
Quality Mid-Century, Mid-Century Modern & Art Deco.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Driade Club Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Italian Club Chairs
- Mediterranean Club Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Club Chairs
- Milwaukee Club Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- White Club Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.