Driade Melaina Armchair
This product is no longer available.
The iconic Melaina Armchair from Driade! Designed by Rodolfo Bonetto. Melaina Armchair features unmistakable and timeless modern styling. Constructed of ...
more The iconic Melaina Armchair from Driade! Designed by Rodolfo Bonetto. Melaina Armchair features unmistakable and timeless modern styling. Constructed of fiberglass monobloc with a sleek gloss finish, the seat of the Melaina Armchair appears to be suspended from it's armrests, giving the chair a very distinctive look.
Incredible Mid-Century Modern white fiberglass, stunning space-age Italian design, some minor surface cracks and dings but still very solid, strong and sturdy. A fantastic edition for any home or serious collector. For indoor use only.
Price is for one chair. There is a second chair available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in purchasing the set.
About the designer:
Self-taught, he began his activity as a product designer in 1958, producing designs in wide-ranging fields of industrial mass production: household appliances, car chassis, sanitaryware, machine tools, electrical equipment, musical instruments, televisions, bags, hi-fi systems, furniture, lighting devices. Of particular importance is his work in the sector of machine tools and work equipment, with carefully studied ergonomics (watches for Borletti including Sfericlock, which won the Compasso d`Oro ADI in 1964 and became part of MoMA’s permanent collection, and the numerically controlled machine tool Auctor for Olivetti, Compasso d`Oro ADI winner in 1967).
He worked with different design companies. He was president of ADI (1971-1973) and ICSID (1979-1981). He also furthered an understanding of design in countries such as the Soviet Union, the United States and Japan. Besides his fervent professional activity he also worked to increase awareness of the problems of industrial design, holding lectures at the Hochschule für Gestaltung in Ulm and at the ISIA in Rome.
Bonetto is the only Italian designer who never put his name to architectural projects, always being exclusively interested in mass production. After his death, a Compasso d’Oro was dedicated to him in 1991 for the body of his work, which continues today with the studio Bonetto Design, coordinated by his son Marco. Rodolfo Bonetto’s collaboration with Driade began in 1971. less
- 27.0ʺW × 26.5ʺD × 14.5ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Milwaukee, WI
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 30 miles of 53202.
Midcentury Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI
Quality Mid-Century, Mid-Century Modern & Art Deco.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.