1969 After Paul Klee "Classical Coast" Full Color Print
A lovely full color print after oil on canvas painting "Classical Coast" by Paul Klee. Comes from a rare art …
moreA lovely full color print after oil on canvas painting "Classical Coast" by Paul Klee. Comes from a rare art folio published by Crown Publishers in Italy in 1969. Printed on one side. Hand tipped-in on a sheet of paper. Numbered: VII. Information on the back of paper is related to another piece in the folio. Excellent condition - never framed.
Overall 9.5" W x 11.6" H
Image 7" W x 8.4" H
The manner in which Klee painted many of his pictures in the year 1932 has been called divisionistic, dot next to dot, dotline next to dotline. Like the pointillists once did, he passes light through a sieve, in order to give only its essence, but freed from real light, a mere colored equivalent. The eye embraces a wide space, a section of the coast, rich in bays, lies here in glowing southerly light, covered with the foam of the sea. It is not a Nordic meditative atmosphere, but classical air, classical cheerfulness, where nature and ideality unite in full harmony. This, however, may be an afterthought, the important thing, as is usually the case with Klee, is to enliven the plane of the painting through color and form. And from the disposition of the hour it breathes classical air and frees the sight for the southerly shore. less
- 9.5ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 11.6ʺH
- Frame Type
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Printmaking Materials
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - never framed. Excellent - never framed. less
- Enter a postal code for more accurate shipping information.
Typical Shipping: 7–14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs