Olof Jernberg Landscape Painting
This is a beautiful German landscape of horses grazing along a river by Olof Jernberg (German, 1855-1935). My grandpa brought ...
more This is a beautiful German landscape of horses grazing along a river by Olof Jernberg (German, 1855-1935). My grandpa brought it back during WWII. It is in a wooden frame with carved detailing on it.
Olof August Andreas Jernberg (1855-1935) was born in Dusseldorf, a son of the Swedish genre painter August Jernberg (1822-1896). Like his father, Olaf Jernberg studied at the Dusseldorf Academy (1872-79), specializing in landscape painting under Eugene Gustav Decker. In 1880 Jernberg went to Paris where he was influenced by the French painters of the Barbizon School, especially Jean Francois Millet and Theodore Rousseau. Like them, he used warm, muted colors to depict simple, unidealized views of nature, often including peasants going about their daily activities. After leaving Paris in 1882, Jernberg settled in Dusseldorf and painted rural landscapes and scenes of peasant life set in coastal regions of Holland, Belgium, and Germany. Jernberg taught at the Acadamy in Konigsberg from 1901 to 1918 and in Berlin from 1918 until his death in 1935. He exhibited widely, winning medals in London, Berlin, and Munich. His paintings are in museums in France and Germany including the Museum Kunstpalast in Dusseldorf. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $76
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 5 miles of 10031. 20837 does not qualify.
Uptown Vintage in New York, NY
Uptown Vintage is based in Harlem, New York City. We feature art, decor, furniture and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.