E.B. White Vintage Books - Set of 3
This is a dandy package of three slim vintage hardcover books by noted (and versatile) author, E.B. White. The ...
more This is a dandy package of three slim vintage hardcover books by noted (and versatile) author, E.B. White. The set includes ' Here is New York', First Edition, 1949; 'The Elements of Style,' Third Printing, 1959, and 'Stuart Little,' 1945 (but later undated printing). The famed writing guide, 'The Elements of Style' was co-written by William Strunk, Jr. It has a dust jacket. The jacket is worn along the edges, but intact (no price listed).
All three book interiors are in good & vintage condition. They are unmarked, with just some minor sunning on the page margins. One or more of these might be a book club edition, but there is no tell-all, indentation on the back boards.
'Here is New York' is illustrated with one photo (up front) and one drawing (at back). 55 pages. This is a classic view of Post-War New York. It is part memoir-part city guide. This book has a small tear along the spine. 'The Elements of Style' is a must-have guide for all writers (even today). It is 72 pages. In clean condition. 'Stuart Little' is a classic children's book. The pictures are by Garth Williams. with illustrated endpapers. 131 pages. What a charmer for a read-aloud!
There is some wear to the books, along the edges and corners. but they make a nice vintage presentation for your study or library. They show the range of an author who could swing just as easily from fiction to non-fiction to textbook, with equal skill and talent. E.B. White was truly a master. His books are highly collectible. less
- 5.5ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 8ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
The Sophisticated Reader in Los Angeles, CA
Vintage literature, art & design books, fashion magazines, decorative accessories & One-of-a-Kinds for the Sophisticated Reader.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.