1980s Ansel Adams New York Graphic Society Poster
It states in small type under the photograph, "Moonrise , Hernandez, New Mexico, 1941. Copyright 1981 by the Trustees of …
moreIt states in small type under the photograph, "Moonrise , Hernandez, New Mexico, 1941. Copyright 1981 by the Trustees of the Ansel Adams Publishing Rights Trust. Poster designed by Stephen Harvard, printed by Gardner/Fulmer. I think it is done with special varnish over the black and white photographic area. It states in small type under the photo the following, "Leaves, Mt. Rainer National Park, Washington 1942. Copyright 1942, Copyright 1984 by the Trustees of the Ansel Adams Publishing Rights Trust. Published by New York Graphic Society Books/Little, Brown and Company, Boston, Designed by Stephen Harvard, printed by Gardner /Fulmer.
Ansel Easton Adams (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984) was a landscape photographer and environmentalist known for his black-and-white images of the American West. He helped found Group f/64, an association of photographers advocating "pure" photography which favored sharp focus and the use of the full tonal range of a photograph. He and Fred Archer developed an exacting system of image-making called the Zone System, a method of achieving a desired final print through a deeply technical understanding of how tonal range is recorded and developed in exposure, negative development, and printing. The resulting clarity and depth of such images characterized his photography.
Adams was a life-long advocate for environmental conservation, and his photographic practice was deeply entwined with this advocacy. At age 12, he was given his first camera during his first visit to Yosemite National Park. He developed his early photographic work as a member of the Sierra Club. He was later contracted with the United States Department of the Interior to make photographs of national parks. For his work and his persistent advocacy, which helped expand the National Park system, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1980.
Adams was a key advisor in establishing the photography department at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, an important landmark in securing photography's institutional legitimacy. He helped to stage that department's first photography exhibition, helped found the photography magazine Aperture, and co-founded the Center for Creative Photography at the University of Arizona. less
- 25.5ʺW × 0.01ʺD × 36ʺH
- Frame Type
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very Good Original Condition, very minor handling creases, will frame up beautifully, thicker glossy paper. Very Good Original Condition, very minor handling creases, will frame up beautifully, thicker glossy paper. less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Posters in Los Angeles
- Advertisement Posters
- Circus Posters
- Classroom Posters
- Concert Posters
- Movie Posters
- Travel Posters
- New and Custom French Posters
- New and Custom Posters
- New and Custom Bamboo Posters
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Posters
- New and Custom Abstract Posters
- New and Custom Art Deco Posters
- New and Custom Danish Modern Posters
- New and Custom Posters in Atlanta
- New and Custom Posters in Los Angeles
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location