Vintage Turkish Sivas Rug With Romantic Georgian Style - 04'00 X 07'00
53072 vintage Turkish Sivas rug with Romantic Georgian style. With its well-balanced symmetry and hues in harmony, this hand knotted … more53072 vintage Turkish Sivas rug with Romantic Georgian style. With its well-balanced symmetry and hues in harmony, this hand knotted wool vintage Turkish Sivas rug beautifully embodies a romantic Georgian style. The lovingly time-worn composition features an all-over repeating diaper pattern highlighting its intrinsic beauty. This vintage Sivas rug closely resembles the Seljuk rug designs of the thirteenth or 14th centuries. The Seljuks, a dynasty of Oghuz Turkoman origins, ruled much of the Middle East from the eleventh to the late 13th century. In 1905, a group of carpets and fragments were discovered in a forgotten corner of the Alaeddin mosque in Konya, a city in central Anatolia that was once the capitol of the Seljuk Empire. Referred to by rug scholars as either the “Seljuk Carpets” or “Konya Carpets,” the carpets found in the mosque are among the oldest surviving hand knotted rugs known to exist. Drawing inspiration from the fantastic discoveries in Konya, the designs of this vintage Sivas rug are largely based on these ancient carpet fragments. The attractive diaper pattern, comprised of repeating offset rows of hexagons with hooked designs, dominates the field while also mimicking the motifs of the main border, which consists of a large-scale design of opposing animal heads. The wide main border is flanked by an inner and outer wave scroll guard border. As with the Konya carpets, the striking play of pattern and scale imbues this vintage Turkish rug with immense visual interest and graphic appeal. Perfect for a hallway, stair landing, open hall or long entry, kitchen, corridor, private library, den, mudroom, study, home office, sitting room, bathroom, grand foyer and designer entryway, or it would make a lovely accent to a great room, wine cellar, executive suite, conservatory, state room, royal suite, living room, bedroom, hotel lobby, billiards room, or clubhouse. It would make a lovely accent next to a buffet in a dining room, behind the sofa table in the living room, or by a long vestibule in a hotel lobby. Well-suited for a variety of interior styles: Georgian, Renaissance, Baroque, French Provincial, Neoclassical, English Country, Regency, Directoire, Empire, Rustic Romantic, Feminine Industrial, Artisan, Lodge, Cottage, European, English Country, Modern, Eclectic, boho chic, Bohemian, and Traditional. Desirable Age Wear. Abrash. Hand knotted wool. Made in Turkey. Measures: 04'00 x 07'00. less
- 4′ × 7′ and 0.23″ thick
- Rug Construction
- Hand Knotted
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Distressed. Wear consistent with age and use. Desirable Age Wear. Abrash. Antique Wash. Distressed. Wear consistent with age and use. Desirable Age Wear. Abrash. Antique Wash. less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Karastan Rugs
- Turkish Rugs
- Rya Rugs
- Wool Rugs
- Kilim Rugs
- Tapestry Rugs
- Tibetan Rugs
- Jute Rugs
- Braided Rugs
- New and Custom Rugs
- Shag Rugs
- Aztec Rugs
- Natural Fiber Rugs
- Silk Rugs
- Zebra Rugs
- French Rugs
- Round Rugs
- Berber Rugs
- Flat Weave Rugs
- Rag Rugs
- Sheepskin Rugs
- Jaipur Rugs
- Rugs in Dallas
- Oval Rugs
- Used Rugs
- Wool Runner Rugs
- Black and White Rugs
- Leopard Rugs
- Pink Rugs
- Hemp Rugs
- Artisan Rugs
- Striped Rugs
- Luxury Rugs
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- Shipment is arranged through our European based sister site, Pamono.
- International parcel shipments are arranged through FedEx.
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked.
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered.