Danish Modern Cane Back Armchair
A very rare and beautiful example of Danish modern design from the 1950s. Designed by S.A. Andersen with Erik ...
more A very rare and beautiful example of Danish modern design from the 1950s. Designed by S.A. Andersen with Erik Andersen and Palle Pedersen for Horsnæs Møbelfabrik, this lounge chair features a sculpted teak frame, a cane back and a spring seat. Expertly crafted, the old growth teak of the frame has wonderful grain and patina.
The frame is in very good condition with only a few noticeable marks on the arms, typical of use over the years. The joints are strong and seamless and the chair remains very sturdy. The cane back looks great and provides good support, although it should probably be re-caned in the future. The seat springs are in good condition and provide ample support. The chair seat is newly upholstered and provides a firm but comfortable seat. The final photo shows a war mark on the right seat arm. Please use the zoom function on the photo viewer to get a closer look at the chair.
30" High x 27" Wide x 27 1/2" Deep. 16 1/2" Seat height.
Shipping direct to your door will be via independent shipper for $150.
Please contact me if you have any questions! less
- 27.0ʺW × 27.5ʺD × 30.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Danish Modern
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $150
- Free Local Pickup in Kalamazoo, MI
- $100 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 60 miles of 49006.
Trystcraft in Kalamazoo, MI
TrystCraft offers a selection of beautiful mid century, Danish modern and unique furniture.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.