Midcentury Modern Marboro Lamp with Original Shade
This product is no longer available.
This is a fine example of the unique lighting produced by the Marboro Lamp Company which was founded by the ...
more This is a fine example of the unique lighting produced by the Marboro Lamp Company which was founded by the Markoff brothers in Los Angeles shortly after WWII.
Marbro sold their products mainly through interior designers and a few upscale furniture stores. You would not find a Marbro product in a chain furniture store or a discount store. During the 1950’s, Marbro sold to many very affluent customers including movie stars and others connected to the film industry. Their lamps were considered very exclusive and definitely high end for that period. Most of the products were built to order. A typical order from a designer or retailer took between 75 and 90 days to complete. Most of the components that made up the lamp bodies (ceramic, brass, glass, etc) were purchased from small companies around the world. Once the lamp bodies arrived, a group of Marbro employees would hand make the shades, and do the painting and tinting. producing lamps and shades that were truly some of the last of their kind of art.
This lamp is a ceramic base with a tile design in tones of white, pale blue, and copper metallic, against a black background. The shade which is 15" in diameter is original to the lamp and has moderate staining on the blue band. Not terribly noticeable if you choose to keep the lamp intact with the shade that was obviously handmade specifically for it.The wiring and socket are the original, but very flexible and in good shape. You can have it rewired if you so choose. The brass base is still shiny, but shows some signs of wear. less
- 15.0ʺW × 5.0ʺD × 30.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $40
- Free Local Pickup in Chicago, IL
B.Dubov Design in Chicago, IL
Always looking for the unique to bring to the market. Be it furniture, lighting, art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- Local Delivery
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.