Art Deco Lane Cedar Chest Trunk
This product is no longer available.
This antique Lane cedar chest or hope chest made in 1940 is expertly crafted from solid wood. It has beautiful ...
more This antique Lane cedar chest or hope chest made in 1940 is expertly crafted from solid wood. It has beautiful styling with inlaid wood veneer in classic Art Deco patterning and a gorgeous waterfall rounded top edge and rounded footer. It features two felt-lined shelves that open with the lid. It is perfectly aged with wonderful rustic character.
The chest is in very good vintage condition with wear consistent with age and use and a timeworn appearance. It has been left in its naturally aged state. The wood veneer loss and chipping around the footer as well as back edge of top give it a wonderful distinctive character. There is general overall wear and surface scratches to the original finish. The chest is structurally sound and solid and clean inside and out.
Style No: 481711
Serial No: 049170
Note: In compliance with the 1996 recall, this chest has a Lane replacement lock which does not automatically latch shut when closed.
SHIPPING NOTE TO BUYER: Please contact seller for potentially lower cost shipping options based on your location. less
- 48.0ʺW × 19.0ʺD × 23.75ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Dearborn, MI
- $40 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 25 miles of 48124.
Brass House in Dearborn, MI
a well curated selection of beautiful vintage and antique finds.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 1Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.