- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- Set of Two Mid-Century American Modern Chalkware …
Set of Two Mid-Century American Modern Chalkware Dogs
Circa 1950s American painted chalkware dogs. These figurines date back as far as the 1800s and were often used as …
moreCirca 1950s American painted chalkware dogs. These figurines date back as far as the 1800s and were often used as carnival prizes. Chalkware is composed of plaster of Paris (a mold, in this example). Since it is unfired, unlike a glaze, its colors are exposed, and the coatings offer little protection. Hence, these pieces are easy chipped / broken, given the fragile quality of materials. Wear is accepted and expected with pieces of this material.
In this case, there is very minimal wear for pieces of this age and materials: few spots of flaking along with a streak to one of the hind legs. Charming representation with whimsical red lip and blue bowtie details. These are wonderful Mid-Century examples of chalkware, large in scale and in very nice condition.
We have many chalkware animals and figurines from the 19th and 20th centuries listed separately, so check out our other items.
Slight height disparity (one is 10.5" H, the other 11.75"). less
Estimated Delivery: 7–14 days
Ask the Seller
Returns & Cancellations
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Extended Return Eligible
- Allows 14 days after delivery to notify Chairish of intent to return
- No return shipping or restocking fees applied
- Does not apply to damages that occur post-delivery
- Cat Figurines
- Elephant Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- Plaster Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Ceramic Models and Figurines
- Staffordshire Dog Figurines
- New and Custom Brass Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Black Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Chinese Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Mid-Century Modern Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Murano Glass Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Polyester Models and Figurines
- New and Custom Turquoise Models and Figurines
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
- Some made-to-order items and a limited selection of other items (noted as non-refundable in the returns and cancellations section of the product description)
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Upon inspection, If you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- International, cross-border returns may require different processes depending on the countries between which the item is shipping to/from, and the buyer is responsible and duties (if applicable, on cross-border orders).
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Chairish Freight Delivery
- Delivered in a crate, to your front door.
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate.
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to be delivered.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- Parcel Delivery
- Parcel deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- Parcel deliveries can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- Pamono Express In-Home Delivery
- Pamono Express In-Home deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- Pamono Express In-Home deliveries can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Pamono Freight Delivery
- Pamono Freight deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Pamono Freight deliveries can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- Pamono In-Home Delivery
- Pamono In-Home deliveries are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Deliveries are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- Pamono In-Home deliveries take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location