- 41.75ʺW × 19.5ʺD × 47.5ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good sturdy antique condition with no cracks, splits, odors, or repairs. The 5 drawers slide very well and are clean ... moreGood sturdy antique condition with no cracks, splits, odors, or repairs. The 5 drawers slide very well and are clean on the inside. It's finish is original shellac hand rubbed. I did lightly sand with fine steel wool and applied a coat of hand rubbed wax to preserve the finish [The wax can be removed with an ammonia solution if desired]. The top has stains and marks and a few gouges but I decided to preserve as found for a nice primitive farmhouse look. The knobs are new wood knobs stained brown to match the recessed feet on the chest to pull the color up into the chest. It had 3 good old brass knobs but they were not original either. The original knobs would have had wood pegged backs that inserted into larger holes. It is solid Chestnut with 1" to 1 7/8" thick wood. The top plank and the side planks and the base plank are all one piece slabs of wood [the top and bottom planks nearly 20" deep. It has dovetailed and square nail construction and chambered drawer planked bottoms. The backing is also planked. It is a large chest and heavy. It had caster at some point but not sure I would put that kind of stress on old thick heavy wood plus with the large square feet that may also look odd. It does have one back foot that has an old repair and is sturdy. less
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.