1980's Knoll Racetrack Black Marble Table
This product is no longer available.
In the 1980's my wife managed the Knoll showroom in Boston and purchased many beautiful pieces. Furniture takes on a ...
moreIn the 1980's my wife managed the Knoll showroom in Boston and purchased many beautiful pieces. Furniture takes on a life, and I have many lovely memories of her fabulous dinner parties and romantic evenings. We are selling our house in Carmel, and it's time for someone else to add this beautiful piece of furniture to your home. The table is an early 1980's vintage black oval racetrack in Carrera marble with chrome leg table. It was designed by Joeseph Paul D'urso for Knoll. The black Carrera marble is rare, as is the size of the solid marble top. The table has the original Knoll label. The overall measurements are:
o 84“l x 42”d x 27 1/2"h
o width between legs: 38 3/4"
o depth between legs: 20 3/8".
The condition of the table is excellent. It makes a sophisticated statement as a dining table, and could also be used as an impressive conference table. If you have black marble counter tops in your kitchen it makes a stunning addition to your home.
From the Knoll Catalog: "Joseph Paul D'Urso, who studied design at Pratt Institute, Royal College of Art in London and Manchester College of Art, is widely acknowledged as a leader of the “high tech” design movement of the 1970s. While helping to define minimalist principals for living, he expanded design vocabulary with new materials and graphic, streamlined forms. D'Urso's work includes such icons as the showrooms of Calvin Klein and Esprit as well as notable private residences. In 1980, he created a collection of tables and lounge seating for Knoll that reflected his preference for objects that look more engineered than styled. To this day, his stalwart tables are lauded for their serviceability in contemporary offices and versatility in homes." less
- 84ʺW × 42ʺD × 27.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
David G. in Carmel Valley, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 11Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.