'Pair of Parrots' by Rosemary Hornak, 1992; American Expressionist
Signed lower right, 'R. Hornak' for Rosemary Hornak (American, born 1951); additionally signed verso, titled 'Perroquets Impasto, Variation 1' and ...
moreSigned lower right, 'R. Hornak' for Rosemary Hornak (American, born 1951); additionally signed verso, titled 'Perroquets Impasto, Variation 1' and dated 1992.
Rosemary Hornak received her Bachelor in Fine Arts from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit in 1978. She is the recipient of numerous prizes and juried awards and has exhibited widely and with success, both at solo and group exhibitions including at Swann Galleries in Detroit and at the Macomb Center. Raised in an artistic family, Rosemary Hornak is the sister of the hyper-realist painter, Ian Hornak.
Selected Solo Exhibitions:
2004 Eric I. Spoutz Gallery, Fisher Building, Grand Arcade, Detroit, MI
2003 Eric I. Spoutz Gallery, Fisher Building, Grand Arcade, Detroit, MI
1998 Swann Gallery, Detroit, MI
1994 Macomb Center Art Gallery, Macomb College, Clinton Township, MI
1993 Clayton Liberatore Gallery, Bridgehampton, NY
1992 "Friends of Polish/American Art," Studio Tour, Hamtramck Studio, Hamtramck, MI
1991 "Friends of Modern Art," Studio Tour, Hamtramck Studio, Hamtramck, MI
1990 Starkweather Gallery, Romeo, MI
1986 East Hampton Center for Contemporary Arts, East Hampton, NY
Selected Group Exhibitions:
1999 "Exhibition of Unique Garden Treasures," The City Gallery Dearborn, MI
1996 "Sun, Wind , Land and Sea Landscape Show", Swann Gallery, Detroit, MI
1996 "Out of Solitude", Michigan Gallery, Detroit, MI, 120 Women Artists-Feminist Show
1996 "Before We Go", Urban park Detroit Art Center, Trappers Alley, Detroit, MI
1995 "Painting Show", Third Street Gallery, Weber Building, Detroit, MI
1995, "Art walk '95," Northwood University, Northwood Gallery, Midland, MI
1995 "Winter Gallery Crawl", "Two by Four", Detroit Focus Gallery, Detroit, MI
1994 "Landscape Show and More", Urban Park Detroit Art Center, Detroit, MI
1994 Michigan Annual XXII, juried exhibition-group show, The RTA Center, Mt. Clemens, MI
1994 Northwood Gallery, Northwood University, East Main Street., Midland, MI
1994 "Celebrate life 1994", The Congregational Church of Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, MI
1994 "Past and Present Artists Anniversary Show," Clayton Liberatore Gallery, Bridgehampton, NY
1994 Urban Park Art Center, Trappers Alley, Greektown, Detroit, MI
1993 10"x10" show, Detroit Focus Gallery, Beaubien, Detroit, MI
1991 "Drawings", Detroit Artist Market, Randolph, Detroit, MI
1990 "Annual Fall Exhibition", Detroit Artist Market, Randolph, MI
1984 "Holiday Show", The Art Center, Mt. Clemens, MI less
- 32ʺW × 0.25ʺD × 48ʺH
- Art Subjects
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Oil Paint
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- minor losses, minor restoration, minor marks; unframed minor losses, minor restoration, minor marks; unframed less
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Oil Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Abstract Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Fruit Oil Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Venice Oil Paintings
- Dog Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- 3D Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Airbrush Paintings
- Classic Paintings
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.