- Architectural & Garden Elements
- Patio & Garden Furniture
- Pair of Aluminum and Teak Archetype Patio Chair...
Pair of Aluminum and Teak Archetype Patio Chairs by Michael Vanderbyl for McGuire
Handsome pair of patio chairs in teak and powder coated aluminum with a removable seat cushion designed by Michael Vanderbyl ...
moreHandsome pair of patio chairs in teak and powder coated aluminum with a removable seat cushion designed by Michael Vanderbyl for McGuire Furniture as part of their Archetype collection. They retain their original tags and are in fabulous vintage but barely used condition. Please see photos. Circa 2000.
Holy cow we love these outdoor patio chairs by McGuire! They were designed in 2000 by Michael Vanderbyl for his Archetype collection and came to us with the original tag still hanging on them. They have a gorgeous simplistic and modern design that is reminiscent of mid-century modern greats. Comprised of a powder-coated aluminum svelte square shaped frame with tapered legs and a teak grid insert in the back and seat. A removable seat cushion is supplied for comfort.
Michael Vanderbyl was born in Oakland, California in 1947. He is a multidisciplinary designer and design educator who received his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design in 1968 from California College of the Arts where he taught graphic design for more than 30 years from 1973 till 2014 with a stint as Dean of Design from 1986 to 2002. He founded Vanderbyl Design in 1973 and was one of the artists that helped create the postmodern movement in graphic design in San Francisco Bay Area in the early 1980s. His company expanded from graphic design to designing furniture, products, showrooms, and retail spaces for the likes of Baker Furniture, Esprit, Walt Disney, IBM, and Luna Textiles to name a few. Plus, designing product for, among others, McGuire Furniture and HBF. He is an award-winning designer and was inducted into the Interior Design Hall of Fame in 2012.
McGuire Furniture, whose name is synonymous with style and elegance, was founded in 1948 in San Francisco by husband and wife team John and Elinor McGuire. The history of McGuire is best told by a quote from Town and Country magazine which said…”The story of John and Elinor McGuire and the success of McGuire is a singularly American saga. It tells of how a young couple’s imagination, determination, hard work and mutual dedication to values of taste and quality transformed a small firm into a large international business…” McGuire uses the best of materials and designers to create their masterpieces of functional, beautiful, and long lasting furniture for inside and outside the homes and businesses worldwide.
These are such incredible chairs I’d be totally tempted to use them in my living room not just my patio. You should make them yours!
Height – 32 Inches
Width – 23.5 Inches
Depth – 25 Inches
Seat Height – 18.5 Inches
Arm Height – 24 Inches
Inside Seat Width – 21 Inches
Inside Seat Depth – 19 Inches
Inside Back Height – 16 Inches
Weight – 27.3 Pounds Each
Height – 56 Inches
Width – 29 Inches
Depth – 33 Inches
Weight – 180 Pounds less
- 23.5ʺW × 25ʺD × 32ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- They retain their original tags and are in fabulous vintage but barely used condition. Please see photos. They retain their original tags and are in fabulous vintage but barely used condition. Please see photos. less
- Seat Height
- 18.5 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 19.0 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 21.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
06824 does not qualify.
Chris G. in Topeka, KS
- Super Seller 2018
- Super Seller 2019
13,000 square feet of high-style vintage furnishings, home décor, art & more! Warehouse 414 is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Teak Patio and Garden Furniture
- Cast Aluminum Patio Furniture
- Aluminum Patio and Garden Furniture
- Metal Patio and Garden Furniture
- Outdoor & Patio Furniture
- 3 Piece Patio Furniture
- Modern Patio and Garden Furniture
- Patio Furniture Sets
- Indoor Patio Furniture
- Wood Patio and Garden Furniture
- Gray Patio and Garden Furniture
- McGuire Patio and Garden Furniture
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.