Blue Oaxaca Wool Pillow
Blue Oaxaca wool pillow. Inspired by the agave plants that fill their land, the Montaño family weaves this striking symbol ...
more Blue Oaxaca wool pillow. Inspired by the agave plants that fill their land, the Montaño family weaves this striking symbol using virgin wool that has been naturally dyed. The women in the family source the wool from local shepherds, clean and spin it, and then dye the thread using natural resources from their land. The men in the family then skillfully weave on their handcrafted pedal looms, employing techniques that have been passed down for generations. The entire process takes one week for each pillow. This wool has been pre-washed for softness. Design on front only, with solid ivory backing. Due to its handcrafted nature, each pillow varies slightly.
10% of the proceeds from this purchase are invested youth academic scholarships for the children of the weavers in the Montaño family.
ORIGIN | Teotitlan del Valle, Mexico
COLOR | 100% wool in indigo, teal, light blue, and oatmeal
CLOSURE | Hidden zipper
CARE | Dry or spot clean recommended
INSERT | Pillow insert not included. 24" x 16" insert recommended for fullness. less
- 24.0ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 16.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $10
- Free Local Pickup in Austin, TX
ARA COLLECTIVE in Austin, TX
Ara Collective collaborates with artisans to curate handcrafted pieces, blending traditional craftsmanship with modern style ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.