- Room Accents & Accessories
- Vessels & Vases
- C.1910-1930's Antique Chinese Lacquer Red Tiere...
C.1910-1930's Antique Chinese Lacquer Red Tiered & Footed Lidded Picnic or Lunch Basket
C1910-30's; Vintage Chinese Asian antique, hand-made, artisanal, lacquered red and charcoal colored, footed and woven cane or rattan, lidded, tiered ...
moreC1910-30's; Vintage Chinese Asian antique, hand-made, artisanal, lacquered red and charcoal colored, footed and woven cane or rattan, lidded, tiered picnic lunch, carrier basket. It is the perfect, ensemble for separating distinctive food groups. Back in the period; and going forward, one would assume, perhaps people were working in rice patty or farm fields, in grouped outings, small and culminating for the time period. What was allowed, due to natural environment; and lack there of refrigeration and such, in order to maintain a collective, congruent and superfluous, working environment, free of, and taint-free, for non-spoilage of food, including protecting food sources from the elements, something like this was born of utilitarian aspects, but has become an antique and accent piece for any Interior planned domain, for that eclectic interior, from a Boho Chic, Moroccan, Moorish, Chinese, Asian, Chinoiserie, and even a Palm Beach Interior, with limitless possibilities for inclusion into any interior and beyond. It is a wonderfully textured and decorative accent piece; as well as an unusual container, as numerous images indicate, the distinctive levels of tiered, coved interiors, distinctive to the tower-like ribbed, serpentine look, but with the coloration of the product utilized, in addition to the rich, turkey red lacquer coloration applied, which has been incorporated either to some of the interior as well as accented exterior pieces, along with a charcoal coloration, the perfect accompaniment to this red.
Most essentially we sourced this from a huge collection of Chinese artifacts, from a couple who traveled extensively in the Far East, Thailand, China, first as a Diplomat couple, and thereafter, amassing one of the biggest collections of Asian bronze, brass, wood-carved sculptures, figures, Buddhas, and everything Asian, accent pieces, etc. It was mind boggling how much was collected, but with a refined eye, to distinctive, variances and nuances to the overall collective oeuvre within their interior domain.
In excellent condition for era, normal use and wear, indicative to such antique pieces, minor nicks, normal and conducive, given the age of this hand-made artisanal piece, that none onto itself is a clone, but genuine in its endeavor. less
- 13.25ʺW × 13.25ʺD × 12ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some minor nicks, indicative to normal use and wear, otherwise great, withstanding the time, with some evident dirt, part and ... moreSome minor nicks, indicative to normal use and wear, otherwise great, withstanding the time, with some evident dirt, part and partial to old pieces, which we can clean or left in tact, part of the aged process of such pieces, as well as such hand made pieces are, singular onto themselves. less
- Asian Style
- "Styled After"
- Asian Style
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Penned-Auras-Scene in West Palm Beach,, FL
We offer with a designers, discerning, eclectic sensibilities, and a collector's eye. We source ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.