Vintage Picnic Basket & Tableware - Service for 4
This vintage, circa 1970s, natural/brown colored, tightly woven wicker picnic basket is a larger size than most. It is ...
moreThis vintage, circa 1970s, natural/brown colored, tightly woven wicker picnic basket is a larger size than most. It is in excellent vintage condition, brand new, perfect for gift giving. It features real leather, brown straps on the inside of the lid that hold the 4 cups in place with snaps and the set of 4 plates strap and buckle into the middle of the lid. The 4 white hard plastic cups/mugs with ears and the 4 hard, white plastic picnic plates are furnished and still wrapped in original pkg. There is also a complete set of utensils, still wrapped up, sitting inside the cups and I have to assume it is a complete set for four just as the plates and cups are. I did not want to undo the pkg. to find out, but I believe we have to trust that the manufacturer enclosed serving utensils for 4 people. The entire basket is lined and padded with a navy blue and white checkered picnic tablecloth pattern, plastic material. A plastic tablecloth to match is enclosed in its still sealed original pkg. and matches this lining. On the outside, the basket secures shut with a twist and lock latch and with a brown leather, grommet strap. It has 2 wicker carrying handles. The wicker is solid and not broken or split like some baskets of this age. The basket shows some slight shelf wear as it was jostled around in a storage closet from time to time, but in no way do these small nicks affect the usability and overall appearance of this rare, vintage piece. Perfect for collectors of vintage picnic baskets, movie makers and prop-house collectors in need of vintage props, collectors of vintage wicker items or just because you always wanted a vintage-looking picnic basket set and all the goodies that come with it. Purchased at a high-end dept. store for $250.00. These vintage picnic baskets/hampers easily sell for $250.00 through $500.00+ in this unused condition, making this one a real bargain. Stored on a shelf in a cool dry place. Comes from a smoke-free/pet-free home.
Measures 18-1/2" wide X 12-1/2" tall X 8" deep. less
- 18.5ʺW × 8ʺD × 12.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- excellent vintage condition, brand new, perfect for gift giving excellent vintage condition, brand new, perfect for gift giving less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Kibbie9 in Chicago, IL
Everything vintage or collectible.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Wicker Baskets
- Mid-Century Modern Baskets
- Wire Baskets
- Picnic Baskets
- Wall Baskets
- Sewing Baskets
- Waste Baskets
- Egg Baskets
- Blanket Baskets
- Vegetable Baskets
- Baskets with Lids
- Bread Baskets
- Wood Baskets
- Brown Baskets
- Market Baskets
- Decorative Baskets
- Large Baskets
- Small Wicker Baskets
- Woven Baskets
- Laundry Baskets
- Wire Storage Baskets
- Small Baskets
- Storage Baskets
- Leather Baskets
- Animal Skin Baskets
- Plastic Baskets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.